British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Not sure why B'ham can't announce the Team Manager before any 'rider' signings....

Really hoping that 'LR' has absolutely no say in team building

so, just who do you think is carrying out the current rider negotiations, if it is not Rogers ? Apparently we have several riders already signed. . Hope they aren’t Rogers’ signings. We sacked him last year because he was incompetent and the fans and owners had had enough of him. 
he attended the AGM , has  still got his hands on matters he should be no where near.

If Rogers picks the team, and God forbid, is named as team manager then I will not be attending next season, after being a fan since the ‘70’s !!!! 

I agree, the first announcement should have been the new team manager snd, it should have been announced ages ago. For all the good this promotion  have done, they still seem to be making the same rookie mistakes, the biggest being their dismal communication with the fans. I’ve read in the Brummies forum that apparently, Nigel has said the first two signings will be announced at the Xmas party on December the 8th. After NOTHING being announced on the club website for an eternity, keeping the fans in the dark, how stupid is it to keep the signings back so long snd keep all the fans in the dark? They should be banging out as much news snd social media stuff as possible , not treating the fans like mushrooms!!! 

We desperately need a damn good team this year to attract the fans back snd  we never have had snd, never will have anything other than a CRAP team when Rogers  has picked it. Sadly, unless the promotion announce otherwise, it seems we are in for more of the same. Nigel Tolley continually promised us teams capable of challenging for honours but it seems his view of a great team, is very naive!!! Time to get someone in that CAN  and DOES  know how to put together a good team.

sadly, it seems we are in for more I the same naive management snd I fear, more hot air snd empty promises. Nigel needs to walk the walk snd that starts it’s much better  communication, appointing a proper team manager, and minimising Roges’ involvement 

sadly, I think I am living in dream land , that I am in cuckoo land. I hope Nigel proves me wrong but, I doubt it 

Edited by the hobbit
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

so, just who do you think i is carrying out the current rider negotiations, if it id not Rogers ? Apparent we have several riders already signed. . Hope they aren’t Rigers signings. We sacked him last year bec he was incompetent and the fans and owners had had enough of him. 
he attended the AGM , still got his hands on matters he should be no where near.

If Rogers picks the team, and God forbid, is named as team manager then I will not be attend next season, after being a fan since the ‘70’s !!!! 

I agree, the first announcement should have been the new team manager snd, it should have been announced ages ago. For all the good this promotion  have done, they still seem to be making the same rookie mistakes, the biggest being their dismal communication with the fans. I’ve read in the Brummies forum that apparently, Nigel has said the first two signings will be announced at the Xmas party on December the 8th. After NOTHING being announced on the club website for an eternity, keeping the fans in the dark, how stupid is it to keep the signings back so long snd keep all the fans in the dark? They should be banging out as much news snd social media stuff as possible , not treating the fans like mushrooms!!! 

We desperately need a damn good team this year to attract the fans back snd  we never have had snd, never will have anything other than a CRAP team when Rogers  has picked it. Sadly, unless the promotion announce otherwise, it seems we are in for more of the same. Nigel Tolley continually promised us teams capable of challenging for honours but it seems his view of a great team, is very naive!!! Time to get someone in that CAN  and DOES  know how to put together a good team.

sadly, it seems we are in for more I the same naive management snd I fear, more hot air snd empty promises. Nigel meds to walk the walk snd that starts its communication, appointing a proper team manager, and minimising Roges’ involvement 

sadly, I think I am living in dream land , am in cuckoo land. I hope Nigel proves me wrong but, I doubt it 

I can sense/feel your frustration and un-wavered loyalty and passion for the club....

I think Nigel made his best move for B'ham last season when (I hope) he realised that LR wasn't up to the job of TM and duly relieved him of team affairs....

So, with that in mind, I cant for one minute think that he'd allow LR to orchestrate things this season....obviously, 'we' will know that very soon, when signings are announced.

But, as I previously posted....the Team Manager should be the first signing/announcement IMO, if 'we' are going to take things seriously!

This is not a dig/criticism of LR....he does good things for the development/junior side of the sport.

• Like 1

500 to 600 fans a week are not suddenly going to grow to 1200 a week, which you would think is a minimum to compete in Div 1..

No1 riders certainly dont come cheap, even with TV money to subsidise it..

A huge challenge for the Birmingham leadership team, let's hope they can deliver a competitive and affordable team on their support levels..

It certainly wont be easy, so best of luck to them..

Will go when the Aces are there if not on TV..

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I can sense/feel your frustration and un-wavered loyalty and passion for the club....

I think Nigel made his best move for B'ham last season when (I hope) he realised that LR wasn't up to the job of TM and duly relieved him of team affairs....

So, with that in mind, I cant for one minute think that he'd allow LR to orchestrate things this season....obviously, 'we' will know that very soon, when signings are announced.

But, as I previously posted....the Team Manager should be the first signing/announcement IMO, if 'we' are going to take things seriously!

This is not a dig/criticism of LR....he does good things for the development/junior side of the sport.

Surely Peter Adams is free on Monday nights?

Will be a big ask for Birmingham to attract former Wolves fans across to Perry Barr.  That will decide whether Birmingham speedway will survive.

Sadly speedway fans are a parochial and loyal bunch (including me) Never thought racing was as good as at New Cross after they closed down. Went along to support the opposition at Wimbledon  for a while..... but couldn't ever support the "dirty dons" 

Wonder how many Cradley supporters still attend speedway? 

3 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Will be a big ask for Birmingham to attract former Wolves fans across to Perry Barr.  That will decide whether Birmingham speedway will survive.

Sadly speedway fans are a parochial and loyal bunch (including me) Never thought racing was as good as at New Cross after they closed down. Went along to support the opposition at Wimbledon  for a while..... but couldn't ever support the "dirty dons" 

There was always a few at Wolves meetings. I may go to the odd meeting at PB but certainly won’t be a regular.

44 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Crikey, how long ago did New Cross close? And did they go bust or were they forced out of there stadium?

17 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Crikey, how long ago did New Cross close? And did they go bust or were they forced out of there stadium?

New Cross closed in 1963. Lack of support. They weren't forced out.

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

But these days with all the doubling up & guesting is that really an issue? After all when on this forum someone criticises the sport the standard reply is look beyond the team aspect & just enjoy the racing.

To keep the sport & the league going until Wolves can return just guest support Birmingham for a year 

• Haha 1

I think Schlein would be a decent enough signing, he rode at number 5 virtually all season for Wolves, despite not being their 2nd best rider. Put him at 2, 3 or 4 and you can expect improved scores.