British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

19 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Managed Reading to play off final if I remember rightly.

He did, biggest collapse ever I seem to recall, just don't mention engines

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, orion said:

If this team.was not bad enough .they put Sudden 'stick a fork in it "Sam as the team manager.  

Absolutely, he was a good rider but that was the limit of his skills . His time at Reading certainly wasn't what you would describe as thrilling.:)

Edited by Dave Jones

54 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

He did, biggest collapse ever I seem to recall, just don't mention engines

Wasn't Jim Lynch the Reading manager?

11 hours ago, frigbo said:

Can't wait to see the tactical genius moves of Sudden Sam....

To be fair there's not a great deal a TM can do tactically these days, that's why a lot of teams have ex-riders these days for their technical/coaching abilities rather than being a tactical genius. That's not to say they can't make "strange" decisions now and again

9 minutes ago, MattB said:

Wasn't Jim Lynch the Reading manager?

Yep Jim was TM - Sam was responsible for working with riders on the tech side. 

40 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Absolutely, he was a good rider but that was the limit of his skills . His time at Reading certainly wasn't what you would describe as thrilling.:)

To be fair Dave the set up nearly worked as only the golden tac rule stopped the club winning the grand final.  

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, The H Man said:

To be fair Dave the set up nearly worked as only the golden tac rule stopped the club winning the grand final.  

Fair enough, I must say however that  I don't find Sam inspirational in any way , but I do hope the Brummies make a success of next season . The current owner deserves that for his continued financial commitment to the club.

• Like 1

As a Wolves fan I've never thought of Ermo as team manager material, wish him well though 

I'd have tried to get Rosco personally but he'd have certainly needed to be involved in selecting the team 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, noaksey said:

As a Wolves fan I've never thought of Ermo as team manager material, wish him well though 

I'd have tried to get Rosco personally but he'd have certainly needed to be involved in selecting the team 

If we ever get back on track I wonder what this could mean for us. Pete isn't getting any younger and it would be a very Wolves thing to do for Chris to step into his shoes:unsure: 

Brummies need a marquee signing IMO.

• Like 1

Could very well be Zagar at No.1 if Phil the Ace is right about Lampart being a 100% cert, Z. Cook should be a lock.

It looks dreadful but I wouldn't be surprised because 6 of these are IN by the sound of things so it's just a ? over Schlein.

1. Zagar

2. Z. Cook

3. Schlein

4. Brennan

5. S. Worrall

6. W. Lampart

7. Flint (RS)

14 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Rosco was certainly in the frame and would have done a decent job. Maybe it was a money or a control issue but I don’t see Sam as the answer. Zagar will do a decent job at number 5 but the Brummies need a strong number 1. Is that Polish lad Zmarzlik still on their books? He seemed like a decent prospect for the Brummies in his one (?) meeting for them several years back :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

If we ever get back on track I wonder what this could mean for us. Pete isn't getting any younger and it would be a very Wolves thing to do for Chris to step into his shoes:unsure: 

Brummies need a marquee signing IMO.

I've just been looking at some pics of a  a very happy & smiling Chris Adams. He must take after his mom.:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Could very well be Zagar at No.1 if Phil the Ace is right about Lampart being a 100% cert, Z. Cook should be a lock.

It looks dreadful but I wouldn't be surprised because 6 of these are IN by the sound of things so it's just a ? over Schlein.

1. Zagar

2. Z. Cook

3. Schlein

4. Brennan

5. S. Worrall

6. W. Lampart

7. Flint (RS)

If that's the side then it's rock bottom again for brummies. If they had Lindgren then it would be much stronger

12 hours ago, The H Man said:

I was working at Reading during that season (2006) Sam was not sacked half way through the season. He was involved throughout.  

Well we have to agree to disagree