British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

Going to wait and see who the last 2 signings are....but we haven't signed anyone yet that can win Ht.1.13.15....(as someone has already pointed out...)

I'm writing to Santa today.....(I've been good all year...)

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Looking like an uncomfortable season for Birmingham if that's their team. Expect changes mid season. 

I'm sorry to say, I expect closure mid season. Like the last couple of seasons, the team they have come up with is beyond a joke and clearly not competitive. They've still got over 15 and a half points to play with and that's assuming Lampart comes in on 7! I do hope I'm wrong and they pull a couple of big signings out of the hat

Edited by iainb

10 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Good to see Lampart in UK speedway.  Hopefully he can do something similar to Musielak and if on a 5 average could do very well.

With the points limit left it must be 2 big hitters surely?

If Schlein is one of the last 2 that’s a dreadful team whoever else signs.

If Zagar is one of those final 2 it needs to be a Lindgrenesque type signing at number one.

Birmingham really need to ensure those last 2 are benchmark signings or I fear for their 2024 season.

Fingers crossed for 2 good heat leaders for them! 

Lets hope ...

If the Pawlicki's are the last two signings, I don't think the team looks that bad. Probably will finish bottom, but I think they'd still be competitive.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If the Pawlicki's are the last two signings, I don't think the team looks that bad. Probably will finish bottom, but I think they'd still be competitive.

You think so …. Competitive ? 

Edited by the hobbit

34 minutes ago, iainb said:

I'm sorry to say, I expect closure mid season. Like the last couple of seasons, the team they have come up with is beyond a joke and clearly not competitive. They've still got over 15 and a half points to play with and that's assuming Lampart comes in on 7! I do hope I'm wrong and they pull a couple of big signings out of the hat

He's a 5.00

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I've added Lampart as a 7.00. It has to be with the points left, leaving room for 8.00ish & 7.50ish rider's.

Will be a 5.00 like Vadim was.

13 minutes ago, TTT said:

He's a 5.00

around 17.5 left for 2 riders then... there's the possibility for a for a potentially great side there, let's hope they can do it

26 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'd agree with that, they should have the best bottom end apart from perhaps Oxford.

They are probably finishing bottom without changes but they look competitive at least. 

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Competitive! Yes in the Championship, in the Premiership they will be cannon fodder for the big guns, and the supporters won't be wasting hard earned money watching them lose most weeks at Perry Barr, a long hard season ahead unless Lindgren or/and Laguta can be persuaded to sign.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Competitive! Yes in the Championship, in the Premiership they will be cannon fodder for the big guns, and the supporters won't be wasting hard earned money watching them lose most weeks at Perry Barr, a long hard season ahead unless Lindgren or/and Laguta can be persuaded to sign.

Good grief, it's not that bad is it? What do you want Tolley to do? Sign riders way above his budget and go bankrupt long before the season has finished? Yes everybody wants a competitive team, but speaking as an Oxford fan, Birmingham fans should surely just be grateful they've got speedway to watch, no? The first season the Cheetahs came back, they were pretty woeful, but it was just great to have a team again. Sometimes we just need to be thankful for what we've got.

7 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Good grief, it's not that bad is it? What do you want Tolley to do? Sign riders way above his budget and go bankrupt long before the season has finished? Yes everybody wants a competitive team, but speaking as an Oxford fan, Birmingham fans should surely just be grateful they've got speedway to watch, no? The first season the Cheetahs came back, they were pretty woeful, but it was just great to have a team again. Sometimes we just need to be thankful for what we've got.

Well....we've watched absolute Sh#te for the last 2 seasons....that's why attendance levels have been poor!

Waiting on 2 decent heat leaders...it's a must IMO!

• Like 1

2 good heatleaders will make the team competitive. I think they can win home meetings no problem. When they go Sheffield, Ipswich, BV they need Cook, Brennan to step it up or they’ll get hit for 60 everywhere they go 

26 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

The difference is Oxford had the crowds due to the feel good factor of a club returning from the ashes. Birmingham have been on a downward trend for the last few years. No doubt their fans will be grateful to have some speedway to watch but there just isn't enough of them, there wasn't enough of them at CL level they'll no doubt get some Wolves punters but will that be enough?

They've only gone PL due to the self administered straight jacket that British Speedway has put in itself in with race nights. Surely some kind of special dispensation could have been allowed to enable Birmingham to compete in the CL. No, instead we've got the unbelievable situation of Oxford having (?) to run in 3 leagues, I presume, to act as an insurance to keep the PL at 6 teams, should Birmingham go under midway through the season, to fulfil the TV contract obligations... I can think of no other reason for Oxford to be running 3 leagues?!?

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

If Brum get both Pawlicki's, I don't think it's a bad side in general. The interesting part will be whether these Pole's will be happy & comfortable trundling around at half speed