British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

22 hours ago, 1stbender said:

Will the management pull out a Xmas surprise and confirm two big hitters as a xmas present to brummie fans? I thought they made a solid start with Flint and Stevie Worrall but certainly a lot of concern with recent events. 

be a xmas present to us all.:drink:

Someone who was supposedly in the know said a rider announcement last Wednesday which there was (Zach Cook) and another this Wednesday ???? only just over an hour left, I guess Nigel want's to keep the announcement back until Christmas eve.

8 hours ago, heathen52 said:

Someone who was supposedly in the know said a rider announcement last Wednesday which there was (Zach Cook) and another this Wednesday ???? only just over an hour left, I guess Nigel want's to keep the announcement back until Christmas eve.

So much for 'being in the know' ? LOL :D

I'd take everything that 'poster' said, with a generous pinch of salt ! 

8 hours ago, heathen52 said:

JJ predicted two announcements which we have now had, one last Wednesday one on Monday , the second one came earlier than predicted. What’s the problem? 

Edited by the hobbit

Tolley in the Star.

Claims to have spent ballpark £300k in past 2 seasons and may be another 70k on top.

Claims to have spoken to Lindgren and "Russians", and "If say Bartosz Zmarzlik wanted to ride in this Country next season we wouldn't be frighted about what the money would be"

Goes on to say he is looking to bring in at least one rider "of GP standard"

Says at end that in further article NEXT WEEK "exciting news for Brummies fans ....and a new challenge way beyond riding in the Premiership"

Not sure why Promoters feel the need to tell us how much money they've spent?

You're either taking it on, or you're not!?

We need 2 riders of GP standard to compete with other teams....

Our second string riders are not as good as other teams...

Look forward to the exciting news!?

He's put in money in fair play but that is what he signed up for surely? Plus the money he's put in in terms of team building has been woeful. Fingers crossed he can pull a few stars into Perry bar.

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

So much for 'being in the know' ? LOL :D

I'd take everything that 'poster' said, with a generous pinch of salt ! 

I was given that information by the promoter ... you yourself are in no position to criticise other people, being a total nobody.

7 minutes ago, *JJ said:

I was given that information by the promoter ... you yourself are in no position to criticise other people, being a total nobody.

Being a 'nobody' is the best compliment anyone has ever paid me... I thank you kindly.

All my learnings from 'Ram Das' has paid off!

Free from 'EGO'....unlike some ! :D

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Tolley in the Star.

Claims to have spent ballpark £300k in past 2 seasons and may be another 70k on top.

Claims to have spoken to Lindgren and "Russians", and "If say Bartosz Zmarzlik wanted to ride in this Country next season we wouldn't be frighted about what the money would be"

Says at end that in further article NEXT WEEK "exciting news for Brummies fans ....and a new challenge way beyond riding in the Premiership"

Strange that he talks about the people he hasn't signed before the team has been announced.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Tolley in the Star.

We used to get chat like this with Sandu, Ford, Rathbone etc. Seen all this before. Guess what happens next?? 

That's right, they're booted out by stadium owners or the establishment eventually. 

If you want to chat big about your finances, build a safe & secure track for the clubs future first & foremost rather ego boosting waste on GP rider's. 

It's absolutely horrific this stuff gets dished out, building up the fans only then to see their clubs gone within 5yrs of this such nonsense :mad:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Tolley in the Star.

‘….we wouldn’t be frightened what the money would be’…. It’s not a question of if, but how soon that stupid statement comes back to bite him.

Edited by Teromaafan
Poor grammar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HGould said:

Tolley in the Star.

Probably referring to Zagar.

Former GP rider for many years and a rider who's been heavily linked with Brum.

The only news possible that would be more important than our racing in the premier league, would be the news that he had secured the land ( and that  planning permission looks likely ), to secure our long term future. 
He told me several times last season that he had several possible sites lined up so, let’s hope . 

Its kill or cure for tolley in 24, no good spunking lumps on crap teams, have a go and do the lot or just dont bother.

• Like 1