British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

1 minute ago, DJC said:

Pawlicki finished on 7.32 with Wolves in 2014.

Milik finished on 5.67 with Kings Lynn in 2015.

Thanks, but that's near on 10 years ago? just wondered what their recent Club records have been?

Noticed they are both lining up for Piraterna this year?

Just now, GiveusaB said:

Thanks, but that's near on 10 years ago? just wondered what their recent Club records have been?

Noticed they are both lining up for Piraterna this year?

I hit send before finishing- that's how they last finished over here. Not sure what they would come in on now. 

Pawlicki had a 7 point ave in the Polish top league last year, Milik had 6.39 (going from the Ekstraliga app)

according to Brummie website..

024 CURTIS SPORT BIRMINGHAM BRUMMIES:
Piotr Pawlicki (7.50), Vaclav Milik (7.50), Steve Worrall (6.43), Wiktor Lampart (6.00), Tom Brennan (5.87), Zach Cook (5.10), Leon Flint (RS).

Are they good enough to beat Jack Holder and Tai in our first outing? I hope so after the last two seasons lol.

14 minutes ago, DJC said:

I hit send before finishing- that's how they last finished over here. Not sure what they would come in on now. 

Pawlicki had a 7 point ave in the Polish top league last year, Milik had 6.39 (going from the Ekstraliga app)

Thanks pal...appreciate the info :t:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Piotr Pawlicki (7.50), Vaclav Milik (7.50), Steve Worrall (6.43), Wiktor Lampart (6.00), Tom Brennan (5.87), Zach Cook (5.10), Leon Flint (RS).

1.6 under the limit, not going to make changes now mind 

12 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Wouldnt Rory Schlein/Craig Cook be better than Lampart/Z.Cook ???

7 minutes ago, Deano said:

Are they good enough to beat Jack Holder and Tai in our first outing? I hope so after the last two seasons lol.

Pawlicki was brilliant on occasions with Wolves ten years ago, but we cancelled his contract mid season because he was missing far too many meetings.

6 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Too risky, for me.

39 minutes ago, Manifesto said:

They are both top riders who averages are good in the Ekstraliga in Poland. If I was a Brum fan I’d be happy with the team lots of potential 

Just for clarity on this one, Milik is not a top rider at all.

Pawlicki is a decent signing and is never afraid to put it about. He scores highly in Sweden and will score well for Birmingham - assuming he is there every week.

Edited by Najjer

Best the Brummies can hope for is to finish bottom and still be running...terrible side.

• Like 2

Piotr Pawlicki is one of several  Poles who are not quite as good as Janowski & Zmarzlik (not many are) along with Kubera, Dudek, Woźniak.  But should be a decent #1 in the Premiership.  Pawlicki's generally more entertaining - less reliant on gating - than most Poles.  I like Milik, plucky rider, but he's a few levels below the GP's and will struggle in heats 13 & 15 I'd imagine, on the continent he's probably on a par with Musielak... but Musielak's UK form exceeds his continental form.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I would have gone Schlein instead of Lampart. Z.Cook at 6..

• Like 1

Weakest of seven as expected but PP and Milik are riders I'll pay to watch.

To be really competitive and not finish bottom they are going to need a couple of the bottom four to have a breakthrough season.

1 minute ago, Col said:

Piotr Pawlicki is one of several  Poles who are not quite as good as Janowski & Zmarzlik (not many are) along with Kubera, Dudek, Woźniak.  But should be a decent #1 in the Premiership.  Pawlicki's generally more entertaining - less reliant on gating - than most Poles.  I like Milik, plucky rider, but he's a few levels below the GP's and will struggle in heats 13 & 15 I'd imagine, on the continent he's probably on a par with Musielak... but Musielak's UK form exceeds his continental form.

If Pawlicki struggles to gate? then he will struggle in the BIG heats at PB!