British Speedway Forum
bigred

Edinburgh “24 Team

7 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

It is. I do wonder whether they’ll do all they can to squeeze Borke in though. Lasse’s average isn’t too appealing this season sadly so he might miss out 

What makes you say that about Lasse? Underwhelming home average? He's got a good away average and his GSA is 0.7 below his 2023 average.

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

What makes you say that about Lasse? Underwhelming home average? He's got a good away average and his GSA is 0.7 below his 2023 average.

Actually I was looking at his wrong average. I thought it was 5.57 when in fact it’s 4.57. Makes it much more manageable. 

3 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Actually I was looking at his wrong average. I thought it was 5.57 when in fact it’s 4.57. Makes it much more manageable. 

Yeah, of established riders, him and Vissing have the most favourable averages compared to their 2023 form.

6 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I think this would be better if Kye could show a bit more of the form which led to that 15 point maximum against Berwick and the 11 points from 4 rides against Plymouth but i would understand if others don't agree with me because he was so inconsistent during 2023: 

1   Pickering   8.63

2   Borke/Hook/Fredricksen/Joe Thompson                          

3   Thomson   6.48

4   Castagna   5.30

5   Riss   7.35

6   Coles 2.63

7   James 2.00       

I wouldn't take Sedgman if i was the team manager as he's just not a heat leader imo. I wouldn't be confident putting him out in Heat 13 against the likes of Oxford who track Masters and Nicholls at 1 and 5.         

I get the point you make about Sedgmen, on a 7.7 average of course you wouldn't expect him to beat the likes of Masters & Nicholls in heats 13+15, but he rode at number 5 all last year to achieve that average. With several heat leaders missing this year, logically his average should go up!

12 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

It is. I do wonder whether they’ll do all they can to squeeze Borke in though. Lasse’s average isn’t too appealing this season sadly so he might miss out 

I’ve heard he could be at Berwick, but I’m not ITK with either club so who knows!

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

4 old faces and 3 ones I’ll go for.

With possibly at least one unexpected surprise ?   Could be wrong though.  The cloak and dagger stuff smacks of something brewing to soon be released ?

4 minutes ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

With possibly at least one unexpected surprise ?   Could be wrong though.  The cloak and dagger stuff smacks of something brewing to soon be released ?

I’d say one surprise yes. Could possibly be a really good one if all goes well.

Edited by Mr Blobby

5 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Sounds interesting :blink: I genuinely hope it comes off for Edinburgh if it's going to be a good one, they deserve a good year next season, always nice to see the Scottish teams doing well :t:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Could be doing with an announcement or two. Other teams have declared their 1 to 7

7 minutes ago, 1stbendharry said:

I have a feeling Pickering and Cook will both be riding for Workington

No chance of them both IMO.

2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Pickering.

Hope so. I would have taken all of the 4 Berwick signed. We seem to have stalled at the tapes regarding signings.