British Speedway Forum
tocha

Peter Craven Memorial Trophy - Monday 18th March.

8 hours ago, Speedway28 said:

No speedway stream should be more than £10 when you can a Championship football match for that price. I would’ve paid £10 but essentially £15 is too much.

There was comments on here 4-5 years ago that £10 to watch a speedway stream was too much….. time has moved on and, unfortunately, prices of EVERYTHING have gone up.

8 hours ago, DazS said:

she did look ok but the track was very slick very smooth the times were slower than when Dan Bewley had the track record for the colts in 2017. she rode middle of track most of the time. 

listen there will never be a woman speedway world champion in a million years, not even a transgender man/ woman, not unless zmarzlic comes clean, :rofl:

98% of all riders are never going to be world champion, should they all not bother trying?

Also what no one is mentioning is that if your whole family are Speedway fans, you are only paying the £15 once for all of you. People are forever moaning about what it costs to take a family, so this is surely a huge saving?

• Like 8

Does anybody know what Doyley's beef was in the final?

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

He complained close contact with Lindgren's footrest took out spokes in his front wheel.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, skydog said:

Also what no one is mentioning is that if your whole family are Speedway fans, you are only paying the £15 once for all of you. People are forever moaning about what it costs to take a family, so this is surely a huge saving?

Exactly , I purchased my first BSN stream last night £15 for the two of us. Compare this to the cost of a 180 to 200mile round trip , entrance tickets, car parking, fuel , & probably a light meal somewhere , that would see the evening cost well overv £100 for myself & the wife.

34 minutes ago, iainb said:

30 minutes ago, arnieg said:

He complained close contact with Lindgren's footrest took out spokes in his front wheel.

7a185a2a-4857-4434-ba2a-d9944618de70-compressed.jpeg

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Exactly , I purchased my first BSN stream last night £15 for the two of us. Compare this to the cost of a 180 to 200mile round trip , entrance tickets, car parking, fuel , & probably a light meal somewhere , that would see the evening cost well overv £100 for myself & the wife.

As a cost cutting measure have you thought about leaving the wife at home? :D

I've just totted up my costs for this meeting at £56.76... I wish I hadn't! So yes add another £25 and I can see where you're coming from. Arguably the line-up for this meeting is as good as you're going to see in this country this year, the 6 rider final is truly spectacular to watch and as comfortable as watching it from the home can be, you can't beat live Speedway!

Horses for courses though, I was able to travel up there at the time I wanted and on my own.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

7a185a2a-4857-4434-ba2a-d9944618de70-compressed.jpeg

That'll do it! The ref was obviously half asleep during this one as he couldn't even see that Lindgren clearly packed up causing Woj to come off in an earlier incident!

Those trying to to justify the price as “decent value”’come on, at least be honest. You were happy to pay for it because you can afford it and you love your speedway, but good value it isn’t. People also need to stop comparing to prices at the track, totally different experience being there as we all know. 

I pay 14.99 to stream all the Sky sports channels for the month on NOW, now that it decent value compared to the same price for 2 hours of a glorified practice session warm up meeting. 

Exactly.

regardless of what anybody says or thinks , charging 15 quid for that is robbery. Same as Leicester charging 12 quid for a league match. Its not value for money at all.

some people maybe happy paying it , and good on them,  but don't come on here saying its great value . It isnt. 

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

As a cost cutting measure have you thought about leaving the wife at home? :D

I've just totted up my costs for this meeting at £56.76... I wish I hadn't! So yes add another £25 and I can see where you're coming from. Arguably the line-up for this meeting is as good as you're going to see in this country this year, the 6 rider final is truly spectacular to watch and as comfortable as watching it from the home can be, you can't beat live Speedway!

Horses for courses though, I was able to travel up there at the time I wanted and on my own.

I did consider  leaving her at home but i didn't dare suggest it:D

I really like the Belle Vue track & stadium & the trip up there through the peaks is a lovely drive in daylight hours, but i find the return at night very demanding on what are mostly twisty unlit roads.The alternative is a longer journey via the m6 & A50/A500 across to the east mids, a journey with the inevitable delays for road works /closures causing a much longer journey time.

Last night I watched the speedway, then watched the first episode of Coma on Channel 5 which had been recording & was " tucked up" in bed by 11.00 pm:)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Aries said:

Those trying to to justify the price as “decent value”’come on, at least be honest. You were happy to pay for it because you can afford it and you love your speedway, but good value it isn’t. People also need to stop comparing to prices at the track, totally different experience being there as we all know. 

I pay 14.99 to stream all the Sky sports channels for the month on NOW, now that it decent value compared to the same price for 2 hours of a glorified practice session warm up meeting. 

13 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Exactly.

regardless of what anybody says or thinks , charging 15 quid for that is robbery. Same as Leicester charging 12 quid for a league match. Its not value for money at all.

some people maybe happy paying it , and good on them,  but don't come on here saying its great value . It isnt. 

There can be many reasons why folk consider it value for money. Some may not be able to travel for various reasons , work , health , cost etc. for those £15 is an excellent deal i would suggest

Edited by Dave Jones
  • Like 1

I went to watch it live. And I paid for the stream to watch it back. 

for me it’s value for money. For others they think I’m crazy. What’s value for money for one person is different to the next. 

all opinions of course. 

bloody love you Brady. Brilliant job. So happy for you 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Aries said:

or just pay £70 for the year and stream whatever you want :drink:

• Like 1