British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aries

Oxford v Birmingham Thursday 14th March

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

So how many people are going to admit to being wrong about Birmingham's team tonight I wonder?

In all fairness the track probably evened everything out plus oxford are brand new to the league. I didn't think it would be a thrashing but fair play to the legend himself Scotty Nichollls. 

• Like 2

Oxford will get better once Magic, Tungate and Klindt get to grips with the Oxford circuit.

3 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

In all fairness the track probably evened everything out plus oxford are brand new to the league. I didn't think it would be a thrashing but fair play to the legend himself Scotty Nichollls. 

Have to agree with you… Birmingham showed plenty of fight there and I hope their fans repay Nigel tolleys efforts by turning up in their droves.

• Like 5

Crazy flint wasn’t replaced in 14 shocking management.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

So are Birmingham ... with the team that they had, no way should Oxford have lost this, but with a No.1 who scored, the Brummies should have won instead! Those who forcast 60-30 must be ashamed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

Some people can't be pleased ...

Any news on Wright after his Ht8 spill? 

15 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

So how many people are going to admit to being wrong about Birmingham's team tonight I wonder?

Me. I was wrong. 

• Like 1

That’s a decent result for Birmingham. 

Tungate’s night seemed to have mirrored what happened plenty of times for Ipswich over the years  up & down & Magic not the unbeatable number one many were predicting.

in all fairness I think it’s going to be a very tight league this year.

20 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

I was probably expecting Cook to come into heat 14 after he won heat 12. But as Flint won his last race (8) I can understand why he was left in. Some team managers are more ruthless than others.

When the ‘experts’ predict a 60-30 type score. :-)

Well done to the Brummies taking it to a last heat decider.  Milik can only get better as well.

Good result. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Me !!! 
expected a tanking but witnessed a spirited performance. With Milik on better form we could have won. 
well done everyone 

Fair play to Brum. They took the home team to the final heat despite having to carry their ‘No.1’. Early days, but if this what the Brummies can deliver, the league will be all the better for it. The closer the scores of course, the more interesting the return fixture becomes with regard to the bonus point.

• Like 1

Thought Kilby/Schlein did a great job with the livestream!

Thought the track was rideable, but not raceable (may be the last couple of heats)....unless you're 'Bomber'...who can race on anything !

I for one predicted a heavy loss for B'ham (like most others)....not sure what the need is for admitting that, when the posts are there for all to read? 

May be we should all be patting szkocjasid on the back for getting closer with his prediction?

Going forward....if a reserve cant replace a reserve in Heat 8....then B'ham would be better off having Cook at No.7 (IMO)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Going forward....if a reserve cant replace a reserve in Heat 8....then B'ham would be better off having Cook at No.7 (IMO)

I believe a rising star has to be number 7, unless their average takes them in to the top 5.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1