British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Leicester vs King’s Lynn - Thursday 21st March

11 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Why should Joe not get the points for an incident out of his control? I don’t think anybody had even crossed the line when the accident happened either.

Three hadn't, even a 5-1 would have been fairer.

• Like 1

Just now, tyretrax said:

Wodjylo would never have caught Thompson so a 5-1 would have been harsh but a 5-0 is just odd when he had no chance of avoiding Kemp. 

• Like 1

From what I saw, a slightly off night for the Norfolk top end tonight against a strong Leicester top end, but its only early yet and with more track time I'm sure the Lynn reserves will only get better. Watch this space, if they all improve.

23 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Fortunately neither Joe or Drew were injured. In hindsight, one of them could probably have got up without the aid of track staff and pushed their bike the last few yards to get a point.

So good to be back. Leicester should have won by more with a dodgy ref decision going against us and gate 4 proving too dominant. Either way happy with a win and great to see so many wolves fans in the den.

2 hours ago, AceBelle said:

Not a lot of overtaking quite boring :rolleyes:

Same old same old, the atmosphere of a library.

I watched it courtesy of BSN who I am pleased to say again made a very decent show of it.

The track was dreadful, the starting area was just ridiculous, gate four was so good nearly everyone won from it, you could count the number of genuine passes on one hand and gate 2 was as bad as gate 4 was good.

Clearly both teams were suffering from match practice and it was close so it kept the meeting watchable.

The Referee “Dave Watters” had three decisions to make all night and cocked them all up big time, the first when Kemp totally locked up and was collected by Thompson in heat 2 was frankly embarrassing, how on earth that wasn’t Kemp excluded, Thompson awarded second and Wojdylo third is anyone’s guess.

Then we had the starting gate pole left out on track in heat 3 when it clearly obstructed Palm Toft, my understanding is these are not allowed any more, so that was missed by the start Marshall and the referee who both should have known that. Interestingly it wasn’t used again after that.

And the third cock up was Kemp hitting the tapes in heat 14 which should have resulted in his exclusion but again the referee did nothing.

BSN announced a FIM referee was also watching near the booth and was approached for his comments but declined to comment, I bet he did.

Clearly the previous days weather didn’t help track preparation but why isn’t this track ever a decent racing strip which allows some kind of passing and close racing, despite many years and quite a few changes.

I was also surprised that their didn’t appear to be too many watching for the first match of the season.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FishersGate said:

So good to be back. Leicester should have won by more with a dodgy ref decision going against us and gate 4 proving too dominant. Either way happy with a win and great to see so many wolves fans in the den.

I'd suggest Lynn had the roughest end of the pineapple in terms of the MPT/stating pole incident and Kemp clearly touching the tapes but Leicester probably just about deserved to win, there were clearly several rusty riders on show and I'm satisfied enough with a five point deficit. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FishersGate said:

Let's not forget the 2 decisions that possibly went Leicesters way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I'd suggest Lynn had the roughest end of the pineapple in terms of the MPT/stating pole incident and Kemp clearly touching the tapes but Leicester probably just about deserved to win, there were clearly several rusty riders on show and I'm satisfied enough with a five point deficit. 

And clearly one rusty referee :D

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

And clearly one rusty referee :D

he is never not rusty, bloke is useless and has been for years

Edited by therefused
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, therefused said:

he is never not rusty, bloke is useless and has been for years

Is the correct answer

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I watched it courtesy of BSN who I am pleased to say again made a very decent show of it.

The track was dreadful, the starting area was just ridiculous, gate four was so good nearly everyone won from it, you could count the number of genuine passes on one hand and gate 2 was as bad as gate 4 was good.

Clearly both teams were suffering from match practice and it was close so it kept the meeting watchable.

The Referee “Dave Watters” had three decisions to make all night and cocked them all up big time, the first when Kemp totally locked up and was collected by Thompson in heat 2 was frankly embarrassing, how on earth that wasn’t Kemp excluded, Thompson awarded second and Wojdylo third is anyone’s guess.

Then we had the starting gate pole left out on track in heat 3 when it clearly obstructed Palm Toft, my understanding is these are not allowed any more, so that was missed by the start Marshall and the referee who both should have known that. Interestingly it wasn’t used again after that.

And the third cock up was Kemp hitting the tapes in heat 14 which should have resulted in his exclusion but again the referee did nothing.

BSN announced a FIM referee was also watching near the booth and was approached for his comments but declined to comment, I bet he did.

Clearly the previous days weather didn’t help track preparation but why isn’t this track ever a decent racing strip which allows some kind of passing and close racing, despite many years and quite a few changes.

I was also surprised that their didn’t appear to be too many watching for the first match of the season.

I think you’re a little harsh saying that the track is never a decent racing strip. 
Last night, you could see that the track was still very wet and I’m guessing that track prep was hard with the amount of rain we’ve had over the last few weeks. Race times were down by about 1-1.5 seconds. There has been some fabulous meetings in the passed few years with plenty of passing. Extensive work on the track throughout the close season has taken place so once it settles down and we get some sun on the track, it will start to produce again.

As someone said about heat 2. The race wasn’t stopped (red flagged) and Rowe finished the race and a time given. I’m guessing because neither of the Leicester riders were under power they were both excluded. If it had happened earlier in the lap, Joe might have been awarded 2nd. 

Edited by Honey Monster

33 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Vadim Tarasenko made 2 stunning passes in heat 13 alone, proving that there was nothing wrong with the track and if your setup was right and your balls big enough it was more than possible to make a good race of it. 

People are often too quick to point the finger at the track when maybe their attention should be concentrated elsewhere.

• Like 1

Reading this makes me even more convinced I made the right call in stopping paying for streams, it’s the same old, same old, tracks poorly prepared and refs who have been around for years and yet still incapable of making clear cut decisions.

Remember that picture recently in the speedway star of the UK referees? It was like rogues gallery, the only one I have any respect for is Chris Gay who comes across well in interviews and explaining things.

Those who try to cover our sport in the best light it can be are being buried by those in charge.