British Speedway Forum
Badge

Witches v Brummies 28th March

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, zlata prilba said:

There maybe 2 Ambos there but the Doc may have been required to go with the ambo to hospital 

I didn't see a second ambulance 

Edited by noaksey

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Did any Brummies fans make the trip?  The rate that this meeting's going the Easter Holidays will be over before they make it back home again. 

Yes there was a handful of Brummies fans at the meeting. I was texting myself. It was a close meeting once we started, got it done in just over 90 mins. 
Birmingham were right on form In the first half before Ipswich took the lead and won by 8 points in the end. It was a freezing evening, was in 4 layers, bobble hat and blanket on the backstraight. 
Enjoyed my first visit here, worth it.

• Like 1

It was a decent meeting, in front of a very big crowd and once the ambulance returned we got through the heats at a good pace. Boy was it cold and windy. A spirited effort from the Brummies but the end result was never really in any doubt.

Decent display from Birmingham considering they were writing off as the leagues whipping boys before a wheel was turned, closer meeting then expected helped by the fact that Emil binned it twice which was very unlike him, hats off to Scotty tho, show's he can still mix it at 45.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ellioth4 said:

Yes there was a handful of Brummies fans at the meeting. I was texting myself. It was a close meeting once we started, got it done in just over 90 mins. 
Birmingham were right on form In the first half before Ipswich took the lead and won by 8 points in the end. It was a freezing evening, was in 4 layers, bobble hat and blanket on the backstraight. 
Enjoyed my first visit here, worth it.

Was there nobody else there to talk to?

• Haha 3

Good signs for the Witches coming through a potential babana skin like this

Important contributions all round when the chips were down

Brummies look like they are going to be a match for anyone this year, next Thursday at Lynn will be hard work for the Stars with the respective track time each side has had.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, noaksey said:

I didn't see a second ambulance 

We only had one ambulance last night, hope the poor lady is OK.

Had to feel for Leon Flint, disastrous night for him.

Well just proves that Emil is not a machine and is human after all,  fingers crossed he's OK after 2 very nasty offs. 

Man of the meeting was obviously Adam, but a special mention for Dan who rode brilliantly,  that boy can gate.

Well done Brummies for the close meeting. 

And welcome back Daddy Doyle.

• Like 1

Glad to see Brummies will not be cannon fodder, in a league of just seven you need every team to be competitive, if one or two are not, it makes the play offs for forgone conclusion to the rest, in which case you might as well skip straight to them.

• Like 2

Track was decent despite the weather

Birmingham were good especially in the early heats when Witches weren't gating

Milik and Lampart were better than I thought they might be.

Flint had a bad night but he's much better than that

Ellis very good for the witches when he gated and Thompson was excellent and on the pace throughout 

• Like 1

Thought we may have won this by more but fair play to the Brummies

This season we have two second strings that can score 11-15 between them and 2 reserves who can get 8-10 between them 

Even the lower end of that means the 3 heat leaders need to get 27 between them which will happen most weeks … even with Emil and Danny struggling last night the heat leaders got 23…. 

I think we will be very tough to beat this season but we will see 

17 minutes ago, Gavan said:

This season we have two second strings that can score 11-15 between them and 2 reserves who can get 8-10 between them 

Even the lower end of that means the 3 heat leaders need to get 27 between them which will happen most weeks … even with Emil and Danny struggling last night the heat leaders got 23…. 

A much more solid team this season, Ellis is a great signing and Dan T will be a good reserve, much better than most and will improve, Rew will also improve. 

Posted (edited)

Really good to see some of the lesser lights seeing the the Witches to Victory - Keynan Rew already seems a much more confident rider to last season and I am sure he and DanT combining in heat 14 to mke the win secure will have boosted their confidence no end!

Jason seems to have picked up last season at Foxhall!

I knew Brennan would be solid for the Brummies - they just need a win as right now they are certainly competive and in meetings until the end!

Credit to everyone getting the meeting competed before the curfew as well - there was some grumbling on the live updates forum about Ambulances  etc but I am pretty certain if it was your releative that need to go to hospital you'd be more than happy to wait!

and edit - Adam Ellis two great meetings at home so far!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Giving off a very different tone from Sheffield drawing away to Birmingham compared to when your own team gets run close by them around your own track...

5 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Giving off a very different tone from Sheffield drawing away to Birmingham compared to when your own team gets run close by them around your own track...

The result at Ipswich was distorted due to very unusual low scores by Emil and Danny King. They will be a better team this year with Ellis and are title favourites in my view .