British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Berwick Border Trophy 31/03/24 3pm

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

She was well up with the pace in her races did as well as Hagon.You have to give her a few meetings too get used to British tracks.Time will tell.Put more effort than Batch when in last place though.

All riders put in more effort than Batch, if he is at the back he doesnt bother.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

She was well up with the pace in her races did as well as Hagon.You have to give her a few meetings too get used to British tracks.Time will tell.Put more effort than Batch when in last place though.

Yes granted, good ti hear she was on the pace too. Hopefully she gets dialled in at home and improves away. Thanks for the update.

Out kf interest how did batch look when in second, was he going gung-ho for first or had he surrendered 1st in course of the race?

Hes an enogma for sure. Why pit yourself in a situation as potentially dangerous as speedway and not go all out when your pay is determined on your points return (unless he has a cushy retainer)

Good meeting, track shape is excellent - basic facilities but thats to be expected, marginally improvements each year would be great. 

I assume Dickson will be bringing an air of professional to Berwick on match days which is needed.

Optimistic that this could be a fun few months for the Bandits. 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

All riders put in more effort than Batch, if he is at the back he doesnt bother.

That can be said for quite a few riders, though.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Nothing stupid about it at all, Cook fell in his second ride and withdrew, I think it’s reasonable to expect an update as to the latest position on his injury and whether he rides or a replacement.

Workington has an official website, it would be a good idea to use it.

I'm guessing that the web site is maintained by a professional company who probably don't work over a bank holiday weekend, whereas it's much easier to post on Social Media any relevant news updates like they did announcing that Cookie would be riding on Sunday.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bigdave said:

I'm guessing that the web site is maintained by a professional company who probably don't work over a bank holiday weekend, whereas it's much easier to post on Social Media any relevant news updates like they did announcing that Cookie would be riding on Sunday.

Fair point and more eloquently put than the other idiot.

No doubt most Workington fans are connected to the Workington social feeds, unfortunately I am not, other sources suggested Cook had dislocated his thumb.

• Like 2

Workington should be encouraged with the 2 new riders in the middle order, very capable and entertaining already.

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Well what can I say after that showing I,m not going back to watch the Comets again.........

Stopped reading the posts half way through....what do people really want.

Here is what I witnessed , great racing , a big crowd and good weather. Some fine prospects who are already showing that in the future are going to be stars in the sport.

Celina and Sam along with Antii and Tate are new to the championship will take time to adjust to the tracks, Cookie , Claus and Batch all showed fighting spirit.

Berwick have a decent side and may get some silverware this year but I,m more than happy with the Workington side, optimist maybe , realist definitely.

Most of well done to the management and all who help putting on the Workington show.

Spot on !

1 hour ago, bigdave said:

Match report and interview with the Comets Team Manager is here: Workington Comets second defeat in two days - cumbriacrack.com

Cookie also posted a pictured of his badly swollen damaged thumb on his Instagram account with the comment "Off to A&E tomorrow to see what the damage is"

some great pics and a very good interview with James Denham 

3 hours ago, BanditsFan said:

Anyone know when the Bandits merchandise goes on sale?

I was told hopefully next Saturday when Glasgow visit. There’s a new GB based merch supplier, which should help when they’ve run out of certain sizes. 

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

There's still plenty who don't use social media 

I don't understand why clubs don't employ people to go around to all fans houses to knock on their door and keep them up-to-date with everything speedway related. It's maybe not as efficient as suggesting fans use the new fangled Internet but it would keep everyone happy unless they were down the shops and missed the visit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5