British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

12.4.2024 - Scunny vs Plymouth KOC

Posted (edited)

It's a bit strange that Plymouth can use a guest up to Covatti's average, but use a second string as a guest. It's almost like they think they can only use up to 75% of Covatti's average?

Possible guests could be Rory Schlein, Tom Brennan, Ben or Zach Cook?

Edited by szkocjasid

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

It's a bit strange that Plymouth can use a guest up to Covatti's average, but use a second string as a guest. It's almost like they think they can only use up to 75% of Covatti's average?

Possible guests could be Rory Schlein, Tom Brennan, Ben or Zach Cook?

We are talking about Garry May who knows the rule book better than anyone I know?

6 minutes ago, Catalan said:

We are talking about Garry May who knows the rule book better than anyone I know?

I'm merely stating facts, Plymouth have 7.82 available but not picking riders near that average. It's possible they tried others first, I guess we'll never know. But I don't think anyone considers Rowe a decent guest replacement for a number one!

A speedy recovery to Joe Thompson, Ablitt and Barker. 2 very nasty looking crashes and a predictably east win. The track rode fine, but it would be much better viewing if there wasn’t so much dust. 

Hope the injured riders are ok, but that doesn’t make up for the horrendous battering we took, I appreciate what the Plymouth promotion do I really am grateful but how many punters will shell out for a pointless meeting next week for let’s be honest a trophy which we are going out in the first round again.

52 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Hope the injured riders are ok, but that doesn’t make up for the horrendous battering we took, I appreciate what the Plymouth promotion do I really am grateful but how many punters will shell out for a pointless meeting next week for let’s be honest a trophy which we are going out in the first round again.

Mike was there no guest available ?

From what I read  somewhere else riders wanted extortionate amounts to guest and guarantees I don’t get that as it’s a short season make your money while you can but it’s done now the result ain’t going to change well done Scunthorpe 

9 hours ago, Essex said:

You wonder just how hard the Plymouth tried though, Berwick lost Lewis Kerr to injury on Thursday night, yet by Friday afternoon they had Richard Lawson booked as a guest.

9 hours ago, Essex said:

Wouldn’t matter who they had,scorpions have a fortress in 24 

I would just like to say as a Sheffield fan who went because we didn't have a home match on Thursday I was well entertaned. I know the score looks like Plymouth to a beating but that was not the case. There was some good racing, lots of passing. Ben looped at the gate and had to withdraw from the meeting which was a shame as this put Plymouth a a great disadvantage especialy when you loose two heat leaders. The rest of the team didn't throw in the towel the stuck to the task but they were never going to get much against a quality team like Scunthorpe. As for Scunthorpe they are quality from top to bottom. Kyle is a bit of a concen as it seems he's not found his gateing gloves yet but he always gives 110%. The rider who realy stood out for me was Nathan. This is one to watch and if he manages to avoid injury I can see him putting two points on his avaerge this year. Take heart Plymouth fans with a full team and an attitude like that you will be no pushover

• Like 6