British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich vs Oxford 18th April

This is definitely a banana skin for us

Magic is class 

Wright goes well at Ipswich 

Tungate Harris Nicholls and Riss all know Ipswich well 

For me much hinges on Jenkins getting 4 or 5 and King and Ellis scoring about 13 or 14 between them 

Probably Ipswich's toughest home meeting they'll have all season due to certain riders in the Oxford side who know Foxhall well.

Riss will have a point to prove and if he's back to his old self then he could put up big numbers, Tungate is in red hot form, Wright and Nicholls are both very good around Foxhall too.

Emil and Doyley to win it for the Witches in what could be a last heat decider.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TTT said:

Probably Ipswich's toughest home meeting they'll have all season due to certain riders in the Oxford side who know Foxhall well.

Riss will have a point to prove and if he's back to his old self then he could put up big numbers, Tungate is in red hot form, Wright and Nicholls are both very good around Foxhall too.

Emil and Doyley to win it for the Witches in what could be a last heat decider.

Should be a good battle! Looking forward to this one even more now with Riss and Nicholls in the Oxford side. 

• Like 3

how much longer will nicholls be able to trade off that cheap 5.1 average?  I assume that was based on last year?

53 minutes ago, chun said:

how much longer will nicholls be able to trade off that cheap 5.1 average?  I assume that was based on last year?

Depends on how many teams need him to guest to make their team competitive...;):D

In the interests of Speedway obviously...;)

2 hours ago, chun said:

I think it is now  a rolling average, but that means most of the matches are from 2022 as he didn't have a Prem team in 2023.

6 hours ago, Gavan said:

This is definitely a banana skin for us

Magic is class 

Wright goes well at Ipswich 

Tungate Harris Nicholls and Riss all know Ipswich well 

For me much hinges on Jenkins getting 4 or 5 and King and Ellis scoring about 13 or 14 between them 

Klindt goes better at Foxhall than riss, weird team change that must be more to it 

I think the home team will shade it in the bigger races but I suspect it will be a close one.

5 hours ago, chun said:

That's his current Prem rolling ave, so he should be available on that for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

Lol this will be our 3rd home meeting and Scott will have ridden in them all 

• Like 1

I didnt know you could have a guest at number 2 I thought it had to be r/r or have the rules changed?

Just now, foreverblue said:

I didnt know you could have a guest at number 2 I thought it had to be r/r or have the rules changed?

They changed the rules to allow more guests.

I guess because the fans all love guests?

• Haha 3

Tough call but a slender home win here - given the number of ex Witches the Spires have they should be looking to go well here! I hope to be at Owlerton tomorrow rain permitting, but should be in town for the following week V Sheffield which will be odd!

Really tough match to call. Oxford look to have better all round strength, but Ipswich look amazing at 1,5&7.

Narrow win for Ipswich for me, can't see Oxford having an 8 point lead ahead of heats 13&15.