British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pvm

Redcar v Scunthorpe - 19/4/2024, BSN Series

Scorpions too strong on their first away match ,only early in season ,more to come with more matches together,looking good for silverware in 24 if we keep same team,smith good replacement

24 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

Scorpions too strong on their first away match ,only early in season ,more to come with more matches together,looking good for silverware in 24 if we keep same team,smith good replacement

Too strong :rofl: says the Ipswich/Poole fan  , five rides from Wright different meeting

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, homer said:

Too strong :rofl: says the Ipswich/Poole fan  , five rides from Wright different meeting

Controlled pressure don’t have to win by much,well managed

As a Scunny fan pleased with the points ,hope Charles is ok but let’s talk about the track . It was the worse I’ve seen for entertainment it was gate and go plus there was a lot of riders getting in trouble on bend 4  .

One last gripe why was the programme not correct ?? to much writing and changing names due it not been printed with a correct race card 

25 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

Controlled pressure don’t have to . that much

Fair post again from Yearby. Think with Charles we may have won but who knows. 

Was a much improved performance by some, with Knudsen having a good night and Bailey looked quick after his opening ride. Great to see Edwards continue his progress. 

For Scunny MPT was excellent, with rest giving good support without any real standouts I thought. Harrisons four points proved hugely crucial. 

Track on the slick side again but understandable with the amount of rain again this week. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

As a Scunny fan pleased with the points ,hope Charles is ok but let’s talk about the track . It was the worse I’ve seen for entertainment it was gate and go plus there was a lot of riders getting in trouble on bend 4  .

One last gripe why was the programme not correct ?? to much writing and changing names due it not been printed with a correct race card 

New track man this year, track hasn’t offered much in terms ofgood racing the first couple of team meetings at least.

Like Boz said I don’t think the weather has helped and hopefully just early season issues.

Well done Scorpions, a good team effort all round and another maximum for MPT.  Nice to see Kyle finding his gating boots at last. Hope Wrighty is only battered and bruised after his awkward fall. Couple of issues, pity we were not allowed a lap of honour after heat 15, I am sure if the Bears won they would have been straight out there before any second half races. The carpark is a bomb site and needs sorting very quickly as well as the exit out.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Well done Scorpions, a good team effort all round and another maximum for MPT.  Nice to see Kyle finding his gating boots at last. Hope Wrighty is only battered and bruised after his awkward fall. Couple of issues, pity we were not allowed a lap of honour after heat 15, I am sure if the Bears won they would have been straight out there before any second half races. The carpark is a bomb site and needs sorting very quickly as well as the exit out.

No, they always wait until after the first second half race to let the winners do a lap of honour. Not a snub to Scorpions at all.

Car park is pretty treacherous to walk through in the dark, especially if it has been wet.

• Like 1

Well done the Scorpions. A result I never expected half way through & Redcar to pull away but the injury & resulting withdrawal was pivotal. Danny King went AWOL, Knudson eased up, Edwards was superb all night, Bailey came to the party & both reserves missed out on them 3rd places but was this because of the pressure we put on them finding our feet.

MPT had a great night again having to work for his paid max, Howarth got it together, Allen had an unexpected night going by how his season has started & being an ex Bear but all the others chipped in running only ONE last place after heat 7.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, scunny1 said:

Scunthorpe had their ‘lap of honour’ , just after the first junior race, like always happens at Redcar, no matter who wins.

Agree about the car park but it’s not the speedways car park , and the council have been asked to do something about it but don’t hold your breath.

Edited by KK62
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, KK62 said:

Scunthorpe had their ‘lap of honour’ , just after the first junior race, like always happens at Redcar, no matter who wins.

Agree about the car park but it’s not the speedways car park , and the council have been asked to do something about it but don’t hold your breath.

How are the away fans supposed to know that, an announcement might have been good? I was already trying to avoid the muddy ruts and bushes getting out of the car park by then. Any chance it can be bladed and graded before  my next visit?:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, scunny1 said:

How are the away fans supposed to know that, an announcement might have been good? I was already trying to avoid the muddy ruts and bushes getting out of the car park by then. Any chance it can be bladed and graded before  my next visit?:rolleyes:

If you were already trying to get out of the car park during the first junior race then you wouldn’t have seen any lap of honour anyway , but an announcement for impatient people might of helped.

Try writing to Redcar council about the car park, see if you have more luck than the club.

7 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Can anyone say, if the new track team, are the same one's who prepared the track, before Terry.

There was a couple of individuals who had a go at the track during Havelocks reign,  Hainsworth is one of those and he’s still learning the craft.