British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington v Redcar 20/04/24 3pm BSN

Just caught up with this...

My first look at the new Worky and it is indeed very impressive and should only get better as a Speedway venue, track is a nice shape and actually seems to use a red shale, which is a rarity in Speedway these days. They'll need to get the dust situation sorted out if they're running during the day, sending punters home covered in dust is simply not acceptable to many people.

It was good to see Craig Cook back to his very best, when his head is in the right place there will be few better than him in the CL. Celina showing a few of the men up with her very clear and loud dropping of the F-Bomb... would make a docker blush. Tai Woffinden watch out!

Something I did notice was that the ref was starting the races, you could clearly see him through the patio door of the ref's box making exaggerated movements putting the green light on and then releasing the tapes, so much for the new automated system. I wonder if riders will stop looking at the magnets and start watching the ref?

19 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Blobby the Dinosaur, already Celina getting criticised on this forum and other social media must be jealousy.

She's more of a man than Blobby will ever be :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Something I did notice was that the ref was starting the races, you could clearly see him through the patio door of the ref's box making exaggerated movements putting the green light on and then releasing the tapes, so much for the new automated system. I wonder if riders will stop looking at the magnets and start watching the ref?

Think the ref still needs to hit a computer button for the automated tape count to release the tapes, so this is what you probably saw. Or if its like the transponders not working all the time or at all stadiums 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Neila said:

They borrowed derwent park to play Weymouth in a cup semi final lots of years ago could have been 1985

1981 when Berwick were homeless, they raced at Barrow, Glasgow, Workington and Newcastle

Edited by bigdave
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Neila said:

Think the ref still needs to hit a computer button for the automated tape count to release the tapes, so this is what you probably saw. Or if its like the transponders not working all the time or at all stadiums 

When the automated starts were not used at Leicester recently it was announced over the PA, not sure if it has been at other tracks. Surely the ref would only need to press 1 button, once,  to switch the green lights on and initiate the automatic procedure. What I did see looking at the BSN coverage was the tapes going up as soon as the ref pressed the 2nd button, every time. 

Edited by iainb

4 hours ago, iainb said:

Celina showing a few of the men up with her very clear and loud dropping of the F-Bomb... would make a docker blush. Tai Woffinden watch out!

Most Europeans speak really good English and sure the F word is one of the first they learn. I watch quite a lot of the European stuff on Netflix etc, and even speaking in their own languages normally the F word( plus most of the 'others') don't need subtitles. 

Perhaps speedway riders should watch the best bike racers in the world in moto gp  being interviewed and learn from it

• Like 2

21 hours ago, gazzac said:

Most Europeans speak really good English and sure the F word is one of the first they learn. 

It's one of the few French words I know :D

4 hours ago, poole keith said:

Perhaps speedway riders should watch the best bike racers in the world in moto gp  being interviewed and learn from it

What a woke society it is now a days. Big whoop a couple of “naughty” words used. In the heat of the moment, just expressing their feelings, get on with it and get over yourself.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

What a woke society it is now a days. Big whoop a couple of “naughty” words used. In the heat of the moment, just expressing their feelings, get on with it and get over yourself.

I think you're right, heat of the moment can get to all of us, I've done it watching the tv at some meetings, although try not to in the stadium, but a planned interveiw like Woffinden's is unforgivable really. As Poole Keith has said there is an amazing crop of young( mostly Spanish and some Italians) who conduct themselves so well in a foreign language, they're a credit to moto gp. Don't ever remember Mark Loram seeming it necessary to drop the bomb in the heat of the moment or in an interview. 

• Like 2

On 4/21/2024 at 11:21 PM, homer said:

can conclude from that the scunny prom.... sorry knob godfrey is a complete tool

Keep looking up and your out the BSN already , the complete tool is your track announcer with names like 

the Billericy blaster ,etc  and the racetrack was shocking last week aswell

7 hours ago, poole keith said:

I always find Moto GP interviews pretty uninteresting, possibly because the interviewer always asks "How do you feel?"