British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, DazS said:

can we get the bonus on Monday:rofl:

You Never Know ?.

• Haha 1

im looking forward to seeing them around belle vue. Brennon has made big improvement, he must be looking forward to race there again.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bluenose said:

Thanks, but a lot of sour grapes on Updates tonight,

i missed it being away in sunny Tenby,

but a Negative arose, Kelvin saying Kurtz should of 

had a warning for jumping the start in HT 11 which 

he did not get , he won the Re-run and fans that know the rules

will be P..... !.

Brum have had Refs like this for a long time.   KRO

Someone had to be excluded - as Chris Louis said it would have been very harsh on Pawlicki to exclude him as Kurtz dived underneath - it reminds me a wee bit of the playoff final at Owlerton (22) when TobiM charged under Oh Kurtz and down he went! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DazS said:

im looking forward to seeing them around belle vue. Brennon has made big improvement, he must be looking forward to race there again.

He’s developing well - hopefully being at Birmingham will help - he rides Ipswich pretty well so he’s getting there on all types of track! 

• Like 1

Well done the Brummies on the win.  Much better racing than the bore fest I watched earlier in the season.

The Aces look poorer on paper this season and I’ve seen nothing to convince me otherwise.

Bewley is way overrated and seems to be going backwards this season so far. 
Brennan starting to come of age and Pawlicki showing his undoubted class in the 15th.

What a great night for birmingham speedway. Only one down side is now that the riders have done it once they have to keep doing it.:drink:

I think what you have to take from it that as a neutral you watched some good racing and it was close until the end which is only a good thing for the sport especially to those watching for the first time, the worst thing that could of happened was Birmingham being soundly beaten and it being follow the leader. Take it for what it was, this isn’t the glitz and glam of poland. Hopefully now with Birmingham having their full 1-7 and getting more track time they won’t be the whipping boys.

• Like 1

Well done Brummies a deserved win, as for BV their tail didn't wag very well and the strongest part of their Team was actually their weakest link.

7 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Well done the Brummies on the win.  Much better racing than the bore fest I watched earlier in the season.

The Aces look poorer on paper this season and I’ve seen nothing to convince me otherwise.

Bewley is way overrated and seems to be going backwards this season so far. 
Brennan starting to come of age and Pawlicki showing his undoubted class in the 15th.

The Aces are poorer than last season..

Replaced Wright and Brennan with Cook and Blodorn, leaving no "reserve/second string' ar No6..

They had to shed more points than any other team so, unless unearthing a 'four point superstar' were always going to be a lesser force..

That said, they are only Dan Bewley away from winning most meetings so far, and Dan started last season poorly (over here), as well...

Looks like he makes his money at the NSS...

Blodorn and Cook both doing their part well though,  so the Aces will be in the play offs I would think, and also, they wont lose too many bonus points given their home track advantage..

A decent watch last night, with some good, close racing in every race,  hope it gives Brum some good local publicity in their drive to attract bigger crowds...

14 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The Aces are poorer than last season..

Replaced Wright and Brennan with Cook and Blodorn, leaving no "reserve/second string' ar No6..

They had to shed more points than any other team so, unless unearthing a 'four point superstar' were always going to be a lesser force..

That said, they are only Dan Bewley away from winning most meetings so far, and Dan started last season poorly (over here), as well...

Looks like he makes his money at the NSS...

Blodorn and Cook both doing their part well though,  so the Aces will be in the play offs I would think, and also, they wont lose too many bonus points given their home track advantage..

A decent watch last night, with some good, close racing in every race,  hope it gives Brum some good local publicity in their drive to attract bigger crowds...

Mountain ;) you’re right though, Cook is doing well and Mountain isn’t doing a bad job either by any means, but they’re not as strong as Wright and Brennan so Belle Vue definitely weaker than last year. Others on paper look stronger than last year so they’ll be up against it to lift the pot but they’ll always have a punchers chance over two legs because of their dominance around the NSS. 

Posted (edited)

Well done Brum, shock result, a very entertaining tv opener. Good stuff from Swindon-born Tom Brennan, a good lad. Good luck to the Brummies, just need a decent number 1, good all-around scoring.. Lidsey and Bewley very poor.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dornier said:

Ooops

Oops bonus point will be a cruise we have beaten every team on aggregate so far Monday won't be any different do that all season job done :t: