British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Workington - league - 3 May @ 7.30pm

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Even then he might get a ban if I read it right.( could be wrong )

Yeah I'm assuming if some saying smudge on 28 day deal that more time is going to be added on

10 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

the mmarras could be in with a chance on friday , fingers crossed 

up the cornets .

Will still need a strong confident performance from Sam and Celina regardless of who the Tigers have at reserve.

20 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

Announced by Cami tonight apparently that the Tigers have signed Jack Smith on 28day contract. 

Earned his 28 day signing last Friday at tigger land, but hasn't done very much since, hope this form continues and comets could have a chance of beating the tiggers

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Neila said:

Earned his 28 day signing last Friday at tigger land, but hasn't done very much since, hope this form continues and comets could have a chance of beating the tiggers

Blowing his best engine at Berwick may have something to do with it.

Edited by Gazc

13 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Blowing his best engine at Berwick may have something do do with it.

what was he doing with his best engine at berwick . most riders take their best lawn mower and a shovel !

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Kinda feels like no guests available so ask ace to give it a go and run the other reserve for his rides if no fit. Came back too early last year should take his time imo 

Think he came back too early a couple of times and ended up getting hurt even more so I hope he is fully fit and not rushing himself, I'd rather he missed one meeting than coming back too early and end up missing more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Kinda feels like no guests available so ask ace to give it a go and run the other reserve for his rides if no fit. Came back too early last year should take his time imo 

Boughen, Killeen, Hodder, Scott not riding (unless abroad) certainly hope Glasgow wouldn't ask Pijper to ride when not fit & even moreso hope Ace wouldn't agree if not fit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Yeah I'm assuming if some saying smudge on 28 day deal that more time is going to be added on

Sure the SCB meeting with Lee is 2 days after his ban ends would have thought it would be before it runs out can't remember when his suspension ends

• Thanks 1

Dan Thompson is guesting for Antti Vuolas tomorrow night

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Marksman said:

And Freddy Hodder for Ace......

Posted (edited)

People got too carried away with Jack Smith’s performance last week. I stand by what I said - one good performance doesn’t strike out a lot of underwhelming performances at Championship level. Whatever the reasons for it, his baseline performances have been more like last night’s than last Friday’s.

Good performances at National League don’t necessarily carry to the Championship - Kyle Bickley a case in point.

I hope he does well, but the more likely scenario on past performances is that he scores a very small handful of points.

Up against Cook, a seemingly rejuvenated Batchelor, and Vissing, I think we’ll be in for a hard night. Certainly closer than against Oxford.

Edited by Noelinho
  • Like 2

Jack Smith has has around 10 years trying to break into a team so far unsuccessful,  maybe due a testimonial :D

Looking forward to the meeting 2morrow,  comets a bit depleted but still think the tiggers are there to be defeated UTC 

2 hours ago, Noelinho said:

People got too carried away with Jack Smith’s performance last week. I stand by what I said - one good performance doesn’t strike out a lot of underwhelming performances at Championship level. Whatever the reasons for it, his baseline performances have been more like last night’s than last Friday’s.

Good performances at National League don’t necessarily carry to the Championship - Kyle Bickley a case in point.

I hope he does well, but the more likely scenario on past performances is that he scores a very small handful of points.

Up against Cook, a seemingly rejuvenated Batchelor, and Vissing, I think we’ll be in for a hard night. Certainly closer than against Oxford.

Smith looked like a wobbling junior last night.Par for the course for him.Not a lot of decent reserves going about though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Marksman said:

Edited by comet49
Wrong

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, comet49 said:

Edited by comet49
Mistake