British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pvm

Redcar v Scunthorpe, 3/5/2024; Cab Direct Championship

Teams to be confirmed,

Redcar “Bears”

1, Charles Wright; 2, Jonas Knudsen; 3, Conner Bailey; 4, Jason Edwards; 5, Erik Riss (guest); 6, Jake Mulford; 7, Ben Trigger.

Scunthorpe “Scorpions “

1, Kyle Howarth; 2, Conner Mountain; 3, Simon Lambert; 4, Michael Palm-Toft; 5, Jake Allen; 6, Ashton Boughen (guest); 7, Luke Harrison.

Well the Cab Direct League finally gets underway at the ECCO arena, having had a warm-up against the Scorpions a few weeks ago, both teams should be familiar with the track, so expect a close run match.

I think having Erik back as a guest should just tip the balance in to Redcar’s favour, but who knows.

The Updates are still looking a texter for this meeting - if you can help, please let me know!

Thanks 

Our current away form and  Redcar having Riss as a guest , in all probability Scorpions will get a stuffing.

21 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Our current away form and  Redcar having Riss as a guest , in all probability Scorpions will get a stuffing.

I think Scunthorpe’s riders have a liking for Redcar in comparison with the last 2 away tracks visited and given they won here a few weeks ago it's unlikely to be a stuffing. 

Be nice to have a home meeting where all 7 Bears click, not happened yet.

Will be close as always,if Riss goes good will be close,go the scorpions

I’d take a two point win,although not good for the nerves,but given our recent performances at Scunthorpe the bonus point is not an issue,so victory by any margin please.

With Wright fit again & Riss in for King, I'll take a 12 point loss as I don't think Edwards will replicate his last meeting against us.

We live in hope.

Rain at the moment down here & set to finish around 3.30 but moving northwards & easterly.

I hope Phil Griffin is not the referee again as in heat 8 , when I saw the stream & this heat is on the British Speedway site, when it shows the replay & still shot, Mountain's centre of his wheel is on or just over the white line where as Knudsen's centre of his wheel seems to be behind even though the line is blurred, someone tell me different.

17 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I hope Phil Griffin is not the referee again as in heat 8 , when I saw the stream & this heat is on the British Speedway site, when it shows the replay & still shot, Mountain's centre of his wheel is on or just over the white line where as Knudsen's centre of his wheel seems to be behind even though the line is blurred, someone tell me different.

Jim McGregor tonight.

Wright looked very slow at Sheffield last night on both his bikes used, so Redcar will be hoping he’s found what was wrong with his kit last night or uses a different engine at home, whereas Riss looked pretty quick and was up there challenging so great timing ti o bring him in as a guest.   The Scunthorpe heatleaders of Howarth, Palm-Toft and Allen will all need a performance if they’re re go get anything out of the meeting, Howarth looked a more settled last night, gating was better and unlucky not to score a few more points 

34 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

We quite often get controversial outcomes when there is a tight finish at Redcar. A lot of us were convinced Wright edged out Batchelor in Heat 13 last week but the result went the other way.

I thought Mountain had won the race you mentioned too.

• Thanks 1