British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v POOLE (Championship) 7pm, Saturday May 4th

The Poole trophy-winning machine steamrollers into Shielfield on Saturday, doubtless as confident as ever of their Pirates heading for another title.

They do look mighty strong, but this year there's a bit of muscle in the new-look Jewson Bandits too, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Not long to wait, and the meeting has every chance of being another Shielfield stormer!

With recent very welcome Guest Richard Lawson on the other side of the pits this week, Edinburgh's Joshie Pickering -- who was a more-than-impressive leader for the Monarchs at Shielfield last month -- steps in for the still-injured Lewi Kerr.   The scraps between the two Number Ones could be worth the entrance money alone!

Regarding that entrance money, as usual, if you book your e-tickets before midnight on Friday you get yourself a 10% discount.     All accompanied children under 16 are admitted free.     Cash only at the turnstiles, but e-tickets can still be purchased on-line (more likely, on-phone) right up to starting time

Tickets from https://www.berwickspeedway.com/tickets/

Teams:

Berwick Jewsons Bandits (powered by Keenwood Karpets)
1 Joshie Pickering 8.80 (Guest)
2 Danyon Hume 4.93
3 Jye Etheridge 5.76
4 Drew Kemp 5.52
5 Rory Schlein 7.73 (Captain)
6 Freddie Hodder 2.00
7 Bastian Borke 4.30
Manager:  Stewart Dickson

Poole ‘Wessex Marine’ Pirates
1. Richard Lawson 9.02
2. Tobias Thomsen 4.00
3. Tom Brennan 7.42
4. Zach Cook 6.51
5. Ben Cook 7.56 (Captain)
6. Sam Hagon 3.22
7. Max Perry 2.00
Manager:   Dan Ford

As always, for those unlucky enough not to be able to come and watch the action live and kicking, the match will be streamed around the entire planet on https://tv.berwickspeedway.com/

Pssst you didn't mention the car parking

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, screm said:

Pssst you didn't mention the car parking

Oops.  It's free.  Of course. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Oops.  It's free.  Of course. 

I used to go to Hackney whenever Poole were riding and their car park was always free probably it was the norm at that time so and never been to Berwick just wondering why is it free when they could make a bit of money from it however it's excellent, unlike Poole who charge assume they don't own the car park.

7 hours ago, Essex said:

I used to go to Hackney whenever Poole were riding and their car park was always free probably it was the norm at that time so and never been to Berwick just wondering why is it free when they could make a bit of money from it however it's excellent, unlike Poole who charge assume they don't own the car park.

At Poole the car park is run by the stadium leaseholders- Gaming International who set the charges - and is nothing to do with Poole Speedway!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

At Poole the car park is run by the stadium leaseholders- Gaming International who set the charges - and is nothing to do with Poole Speedway!

Still charge, doesn’t matter who gets the money. #blinkered one eyed view.

I am not getting home until 10pm tomorrow night. Can I purchase the stream after the meeting has finished and watch it?

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I am not getting home until 10pm tomorrow night. Can I purchase the stream after the meeting has finished and watch it?

Yeah, you have until midnight and just have to rewind it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Still charge, doesn’t matter who gets the money. #blinkered one eyed view.

It's not blinkered, he's just stating its nothing to do with Poole speedway 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let's not let this thread get over run by pettiness.

It should be a good meeting... Expect Lawson to bring the real challenge for Poole given how superb a guest he's been for us but we've certainly got probably the best guest we could get bar Mr Lawson himself. 

I do expect it to be tight as has been against Poole but hopefully we can keep the home wins coming and the fans happy :approve:

9 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Let's not let this thread get over run by pettiness.

It should be a good meeting... Expect Lawson to bring the real challenge for Poole given how superb a guest he's been for us but we've certainly got probably the best guest we could get bar Mr Lawson himself. 

I do expect it to be tight as has been against Poole but hopefully we can keep the home wins coming and the fans happy :approve:

Poole won at Berwick last season with paid 15 pts at reserve Rowe & Complin being a factor. I think Berwick have the advantage at reserve this time so going for a 49 - 41 home win

1 hour ago, Normski said:

Poole won at Berwick last season with paid 15 pts at reserve Rowe & Complin being a factor. I think Berwick have the advantage at reserve this time so going for a 49 - 41 home win

Just to be different 48. 42

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

It's not blinkered, he's just stating its nothing to do with Poole speedway 

Of course it has, Poole could cover the cost if they were as massive as you keep stating but they choose not too.

Any frost this morning lol?