British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, Buttons said:

Maybe so, but if the track needs time why on earth did BSN cover this match, it was a borefest from start to finish,  certainly didn't do Speedway or Plymouth any favours, perhaps leave coverage of Plymouth till later on in the season, give it a bit more time

BSN are back in 10 days time when worky comes to town :drink:

18 hours ago, lewy said:

Hard to believe an Edinburgh fan criticising another teams track the irony.:D

Much better than that so called track.

• Haha 2

BSN’s decision to return to Plymouth next week is disappointing. Not only because the quality of racing is atrocious, but where’s the variety? There’s six live meetings between the 1st and 16th of May; five of which are at either Oxford or Plymouth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neila said:

BSN are back in 10 days time when worky comes to town :drink:

Oh dear

Because they obviously don’t think the racing is atrocious doesn’t take a lot of working out genius, get off Plymouth’s back you all thought they would be the whipping boys and they obviously are not going to be, so I no we will criticise the track anything else you want to moan about .

What's the beer like ? :drink:If the track no better in 10 days time the worky fans  may as well have a good sup :D

I heard people on here moaning about Workington taking so long about team building etc and now there beating some of the bigger teams they will be the next ones moaned at I’m glad Workington are back look forward to them being at Plymouth and I love my team giving some of the big boys a bloody nose

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

BSN’s decision to return to Plymouth next week is disappointing. Not only because the quality of racing is atrocious, but where’s the variety? There’s six live meetings between the 1st and 16th of May; five of which are at either Oxford or Plymouth.

Dont think it justifies criticism of their fixture selection.They shown the same number from each Club over the season (if possible).plus if you have subscribed for the the price and quality of the Production is a bargain.Nobody can predict what happens in aSpeedway match.That Plymouth Team proves my point.

2 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Because they obviously don’t think the racing is atrocious doesn’t take a lot of working out genius, get off Plymouth’s back you all thought they would be the whipping boys and they obviously are not going to be, so I no we will criticise the track anything else you want to moan about .

What age are you? ”Get off Plymouth’s back”, Jesus Christ. 

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Dont think it justifies criticism of their fixture selection.They shown the same number from each Club over the season (if possible).plus if you have subscribed for the the price and quality of the Production is a bargain.Nobody can predict what happens in aSpeedway match.That Plymouth Team proves my point.

Perhaps my wording wasn’t accurate. My issue was around the variety during the first two weeks of May; the mention of quality was simply frustration at how poor the racing was at Plymouth.

There are sixteen clubs (technically fifteen, given Oxford are represented twice) across the two divisions, so it’s odd for two cities to be visited five out of the six meetings that are being shown.

I’m not doubting the fact that across the course of the season, all clubs will be televised equally.

1 hour ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

What age are you? ”Get off Plymouth’s back”, Jesus Christ. 

Perhaps my wording wasn’t accurate. My issue was around the variety during the first two weeks of May; the mention of quality was simply frustration at how poor the racing was at Plymouth.

There are sixteen clubs (technically fifteen, given Oxford are represented twice) across the two divisions, so it’s odd for two cities to be visited five out of the six meetings that are being shown.

I’m not doubting the fact that across the course of the season, all clubs will be televised equally.

I’m 50 thanks very much for asking ,this coming from the person who is using a username to make fun of someone who made a mistake in there career obviously you never make mistakes but I doubt that.

I think the idea that Plymouth are going to have the racing surface perfect two or three meetings in after the wettest winter on record is fanciful. If you folk don't like the shape then fair enough but the surface is bound to improve with time and the weather.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think the idea that Plymouth are going to have the racing surface perfect two or three meetings in after the wettest winter on record is fanciful. If you folk don't like the shape then fair enough but the surface is bound to improve with time and the weather.

I didn't watch the Oxford one but watched the KOC against Scunny and thought it was fine. Even tracks like BV have meetings where the track isn't the best. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I didn't watch the Oxford one but watched the KOC against Scunny and thought it was fine. Even tracks like BV have meetings where the track isn't the best. 

Thank you Lisa at least there are still a few people on here still with common sense.

Tracks develop over time. 

It's not as simple as throwing tons of shale on. As others have said, it's been a record breaking wet winter. That track will need to develop. 

If you just throw shale on you'll also create a massive, and dangerous berm, that will make it more inside line than ever. 

It probably needs continued dry  weather, tyre packing, several more meetings and then a very delicate harrowing out wide to start to deliver what they hope it will. 

For sure it'll be better and better as weeks go on. 

Massive credit to all involved and ignore the moaners who probably couldn't distinguish shale from cat litter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

I’m 50 thanks very much for asking ,this coming from the person who is using a username to make fun of someone who made a mistake in there career obviously you never make mistakes but I doubt that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you wearing an earpiece and being told what to say by Ant & Dec who are in a remote studio somewhere in London?