Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Crump99

Members
  • Posts

    6,021
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    18

Everything posted by Crump99

  1. This should please the Ippo bloke C'mon Rodders, you know better than that: "PANTHERS team boss Jim Lynch has quit the club after a bust-up with his fellow directors. Lynch brought down the curtain on his four-year tenure with the Panthers after a disagreement at a board meeting following the absence of Ryan Sullivan at last week's match at Ipswich. The Australian withdrew from the meeting with a mysterious shoulder injury, just two days before he was victorious in the Slovenian Grand Prix (2002 peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/latest-sport/speedway-lynch-quits-after-bust-up) Didn't do Sullivan much harm. That's the bottom line and is why he got and will get the slack he needs. At this moment in time we're better off with him, even though it's not very often.
  2. The only way I don't criticise is with a plausible explanation and I haven't seen one. Those who want to give benefit of the doubt can if they wish, but at a tender age and with bags of talent to develop, I suggest that he gets better advisors and PR.
  3. Looks like your getting your knickers in a twist as per usual. Can't make out what you're waffling on about? The only issue here is Lambert's non appearance at this meeting. We saw a decent meeting and losing wasn't that painful. The fact that it was avoidable was!
  4. He doesn't anymore but it's all going swimmingly at Brandon
  5. That's very kind of you, wouldn't have expected that. It's not like you've got a big wooden spoon? A broomstick maybe! So on top of all manner of excuses we're now supposed to think that this young (and yes his age can be considered) professional speedway rider has substandard support around him who can't organise something which King, Manzares managed quite easily; or at least have a plan b? Nice try though!
  6. Talking of brown stuff, that's pretty high on the list but this is going nowhere now. People will agree or disagree. I'll look forward to his interview with Craig Saul (1st time I'll not want Saul's microphone to explode) when Robert can use those interview skills and tell us why we were wrong? The hole is big enough though so without a cracker of an explanation I'd just put this down to experience.
  7. I'm not disputing that point, I'm sure that's the case. I just don't know why we're defending Lambert with excuses which don't stack up based on what we know. The bottom line is that he couldn't be arsed and had the option to not bother. If I see a decent explanation then I'll apologise.
  8. The news didn't get around then? Rathbone added: “It is a difficult situation concerning Robert. Everyone is well aware that Danny and Gino both made it back from the Race-Off. “They were in a slightly different position as they had bikes in the UK to return to whereas Robert’s bikes were with him in Denmark.
  9. Because King has the mentality of Adams & Crump whereas Lambert is still reading the Lewis Bridger book on PR he received at Christmas.
  10. Statement of fact and hardly support. Then we have King & Manzares at the EoES making the excuses look rather limp: "But Lambert has told them he does not have sufficient time to travel back from Vojens in Denmark" & "we were hoping robert would be able to get his machines back from denmark this isnt possible"
  11. Isn't that the point where Basil Fawlty asks whether we can get you on Mastermind?
  12. I'm sure that the Panthers promotion putting a meeting on to give you the option, or ostrich riding while banged up would question that summing up. But nobody is falling for that excuse?
  13. Just checked again and it sort of blows over until around 9pm so they could be lucky without any fannying about. Read the heat result & hit 2mins.
  14. That's the choice anyone takes. If it starts raining by 6.15 then I'll not be leaving the house.
  15. Steady on. I posted similar a month ago and our resident looney from Canary Wharf called for a nurse (for me that is although I know he likes uniforms; being a big fan of the Village People as he is ) Just a question of when & how much http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/map/gcrg49fhe#?map=Rainfall&fcTime=1434076200&zoom=8&lon=-1.13&lat=51.63
  16. It's always the detail isn't it? The rest is pointless!
  17. We've got 2 injured riders and someone we wanted to ride ride but chooses to fart in our general direction. Rathbone said: " we can only do so much with the rules we have to work with" - what alternative do you suggest to solve the Panthers Select problem?
  18. Allegedly, that'd need a Kings Lynn hand for the count then if he has more than Lambert?
  19. That's only relevant if Team GB made the final. His week finished on Thursday evening and bearing in mind that riders ride all over the place on consecutive days then the bikes argument is one of the weakest to use. Anyway, what are the sides for tonight? It'd be nice to know, although I think only King is a don't know? At a guess: 1. Brady Kurtz (G) 2. Michael Palm Toft 3. Ulrich Ostergaard 4. Matez Kus (G) 5. r/r 6. Oliver Greenwood 7. Simon Lambert 1. Danny King 2. Gino Manzares 3. Nico Covatti 4. Cameron Heeps 5. Rohan Tungate 6. Stefan Nielsen 7. Ritchie Hawkins
  20. Rathbone said that it's his bikes that can't, not him? "we were hoping Robert would be able to get his machines back from Denmark this isn't possible"
  21. But it is 2 weeks until we are on Sky so given set up time and access problems, we can implement the newly instigated super safe directive
  22. Could happen next time so best to get rid of the fixture in whatever way possible.
  23. Easy comment if you don't have to try to organise the restaging of course!
  24. No, but Carlsberg did, and it said: “We sincerely hope this situation never arises again – but I would add rain has always been the sport’s biggest enemy.”
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy