Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Crump99

Members
  • Posts

    6,021
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    18

Everything posted by Crump99

  1. He doesn't run those does he? Would explain a lot though if so!
  2. Facebook and Twitter are used for fluffy bunny information, not for stuff as pointed as that. I'm surprised that you expected a reply to be honest. The club website gives an e-mail address. You could try that and be equally ignored I guess?
  3. The referee's view, which is virtually the same as mine, would have seen Proctor lay it down hoping for a re-run which he or she didn't buy and quite rightly he was excluded. All 4 back couldn't really be given with that view even if it was a bit more suspect looking from elsewhere.
  4. So along with Poland, another reason to avoid Sundays or employing riders with ambition.
  5. I thought that they kept the issue quiet today and dealt with it quite well and respectfully (edit: of course when I posted this I hadn't read Panthers website which undoes all the good work as per usual). No histrionics or fanfare to match the usual excitable press release or other press. It appeared to be a good time to draw a line under this in many respects and put the fire out but I forgot about the resident looney with the petrol can!
  6. Overcast at the moment with broken cloud and a bit of drizzle in the air. Forecast at the moment, possible heavy showers from 4pm (wouldn't many of them imo) and then fine from 5pm.
  7. Number one Jack Holder returns - "It's great to have Jack back in the team," - we should not need to welcome him back because he shouldn't have been away. "A lot has happened over the last few weeks which caused our attention be side-tracked from the job of winning speedway meetings, but we've re-focused and we won't allow any outside factors to distract us again." - Self inflicted outside factors and winning speedway meetings at home but not too fussed about the team that we send elsewhere in the meantime? I was the same when some idiot let Crump go to 6 fingers area. I don't think that I went to a meeting where he rode for that lot. I probably did but doesn't stick in the memory.
  8. Probably is at the track but is a post on Facebook actual promoting? Technically it is but in terms of a suspension I doubt? Good question though!
  9. I'm fully aware of the reason and the logic. If the numbers justify the action then so be it. Anyone who wants to produce their own can usually work it out fairly easily anyway, often with less writing than in the bought programme, with last Sunday being a prime example. You'll be disappointed Rodders. I've copied one from Facebook for you "looking forward to a Panthers win and to watch Jack Holder again"
  10. Not sure that this weekend can be singled out. Speedway websites generally are pretty poor at getting the news out there. Peterborough is one of the better ones (apart from the inability to give programmed teams out accurately in riding order) when it eventually gets the press release out there.
  11. If I was promoting I'd be having a word with the press officer or finding a new one. It should be 24/36 hours minimum?
  12. Just checked and I think that she missed an hour. But still not a good excuse from Friday to Saturday evening meeting?
  13. My sister flew back last week and said that it was two hour pre flight grief for a 55 minute flight home? So is Holder riding, is BWD fit, and is Harris attending? We await the news.
  14. Not surprised if this is correct from the Workington website - the joys of Sunday speedway? "Saturday's home clash against Newcastle sees the Diamonds using Chris Harris as a guest at number one in place of Robert Lambert, who will be returning from his World Under-21 Championship round in Germany. Meanwhile, on Sunday Peterborough will be operating Rider Replacement for Chris Harris, who is competing in the British Masters Grasstrack Championship that day!" It's about an hour's flight from Germany isn't it
  15. Might be something to do with it tipping it down with rain.
  16. Absolutely tipping it down in town centre and iffy forecast atm until 6pm, could be off by lunchtime if they don't want to take the risk?
  17. Wouldn't it have made sense to do that somewhere today? No doubt the morning preview will say the same but I doubt that there will be an update if the practice goes ahead and he's fit or not? First we'll hear will be through the PA.
  18. I think you mean excuse. I'm not saying that it wasn't possibly a problem but if it mattered then a way would have been found.
  19. Unless it's me doing the work then it's virtually always hearsay so allegedly is usually accurate.
  20. Maybe but if riders are allegedly accepting bookings but not turning up through choice then we really are in the madhouse. That's witholding services.
  21. The insult is whatever is the actual story in this piece from our local rag: "Cradley man Joe Lawlor stepped into that role at short notice after the rider actually booked by Panthers – Steve Boxall of Plymouth – failed to show up in Cumbria." - what's that all about
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy