-
Posts
8,053 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
27
Everything posted by Shadders
-
You're still banging on about this? Where's your proof? As B4e says, a few riders returning, so Rye can't be that bad. Either put up, or shut up. Worry about your own side. We'll be fine thanks
-
Any news on P & P? I need to book the day off work
-
Rye House V Wolverhampton Sat 1st April
Shadders replied to Dave Stummings's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
The temp stand was demolished and a new one erected in a couple of weeks. I'm sure the new building works will be sorted in time. Still over 5 weeks to go. Don't panic people. -
Who cares? Attention seeking at its worst. This should be on discussions. Pointless thread
-
In an attempt at point scoring you've missed the point entirely... Bravo
-
Without the few spectators remaining there wouldn't be any speedway on Sky. What ya gonna do then smart arse?
-
Why so angry?
-
I'll probably still be around in early April, so will make the first home meeting at least. The Celebration of Speedway at Paradise Wildlife Park is also a must visit
-
I'm still here pal. Not much to say really. Team line up settled early, not much news coming out from the promotion, so nothing to really comment on. Been reading some of the bolloxios on the other Prem teams threads, with the usual suspects bickering and point scoring, so I've not really been bothering with the BSF. Thank the lord we have a better class of supporter at Rye. I'm still waiting to read when press & practice is, so I can book a day off work. By the way. There is life north of Watford Gap. They do have the internet up there 😎
-
Will they?
-
So, you don't know
-
How much are they paying?
-
Ahhh yes, I remember the frustrations of those multi pages very well. I didn't realise you were that old!!
-
There wasn't a speedway updates service in those days, let alone the internet. We used to have to wait until almost midnight to find out that days speedway results on Teletext/Oracle, sometimes not up until the next day.
-
At my place of work we have to start submitting our leave requests in October for the following April-Xmas period, 3 or 4 months before the fixtures are released. Inevitably July, August and the first half of September are the first to be snapped up for family holidays. No good if you're a speedway fan. I've had to go "sick" a couple of times for the Rockets northern tour, usually in late July/early August.
-
Some people like to plan a few days of speedway over 2, or 3 leagues I guess, not just follow one team?
-
A white one with straps and buckles?
-
Heard him interviewed at Rye a few years back. Don't think it was injury. Think it was work related.
-
Seem to recall Karl Fiala on a similar average when he retired in the early 80's in his mid 20's
-
Yates & Smiith definitely ring a bell.
-
My first ever speedway meeting was Rye v Poole in September 1985, first part of a double header. Back then they were the Wildcats. Poole won 40-38, Rob Woffinden broke a collarbone in his second outing. Rockets smashed Edinburgh 57-21 in the second half. Can't remember many of the Poole riders that day, the programme is buried in a box somewhere, but the name Stan Bear stands out.
-
Berwick 2017 50th Year
Shadders replied to balderdash&piffle's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
What about them? -
Berwick 2017 50th Year
Shadders replied to balderdash&piffle's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
In Berwick? 😂 -
Berwick 2017 50th Year
Shadders replied to balderdash&piffle's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Best burger at any speedway track I've been to and those Scotch pies!! I presume the Andersons are still doing the catering? -
They closed pretty soon after I began to watch speedway in 1985. I think they won the NL that year