Diablo Posted Monday at 03:33 PM Report Share Posted Monday at 03:33 PM Masters will never ride for Glasgow & rightly so after witnessing him giving the middle finger to all the fans in the main stand once whilst riding for the monarchs. Pickering very much an eastender also so non starter. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fromafar Posted Monday at 06:20 PM Report Share Posted Monday at 06:20 PM 2 hours ago, Diablo said: Masters will never ride for Glasgow & rightly so after witnessing him giving the middle finger to all the fans in the main stand once whilst riding for the monarchs. Pickering very much an eastender also so non starter. It’s all nonsense who will ride for who East v West “the enemy”.Just look at a few of the Top who swapped “Regions”L Collins, N Collins, K McKinna,James Grieves ,C Cook to name just a few.If the money is right is all that matters,they will be a hero after their first race win🤔😂 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TigerIain Posted Monday at 06:48 PM Report Share Posted Monday at 06:48 PM On 9/26/2026 at 10:58 AM, TheWellBehavedWorrall said: Last night emphasised the need for big changes next season. A really poor contribution from Flint when we needed him most, but I think he’ll be back alongside Hodder. Seems a bit harsh on Flint. He missed the gate in heat 1, and couldn't find a way past the fast starting Scott. Always hard to pass in heat 1 at Ashfield but it wasn't for the lack of trying. He then had a win and a paid win in his next 2 rides, and finished 3rd behind Bomber and Pickering in heat 13. Obviously you want your home number 1 scoring a max but realistically Pickering is a level above Flint, so other than dropping a point to Scott he did his job at Ashfield. Ideally we needed more than that, but I don't agree that he was really poor in the second leg. Different story in the first leg though. 3 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LisaColette Posted Monday at 06:49 PM Report Share Posted Monday at 06:49 PM Masters more likely to ride for Poole than Glasgow imo especially if Oxford move up. You can have Lawson if you want. 1 2 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TigerIain Posted Monday at 07:14 PM Report Share Posted Monday at 07:14 PM 5 minutes ago, LisaColette said: Masters more likely to ride for Poole than Glasgow imo especially if Oxford move up. You can have Lawson if you want. I'll take a hard pass on that option thanks! Glasgow have made a habit of going top heavy, so Flint & Harris, bring back Dan T (I believe we only let him go because of the 8.00 rule). Rowe has looked really good at Ashfield in his guest performances recently (he was poor when he visited with Oxford though). Very similar ave to Zischke but gets a Brit reduction. Anze Grmek, mentioned a few times above, would be a good signing. I don't see any 2.00 NDL riders about that look like they'll score well in the champ. So if the limit stays at 41 then probably looking at the likes of Hodder, Perry, Foord, or Jack Smith for the reserves (I would be surprised if Hagon was re-signed, even though he can be really fast round Ashfield when he gates. Tailed off too many times recently). If the limit is any lower than 41 then I don't think that top 4 would fit. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TigerIain Posted Monday at 07:15 PM Report Share Posted Monday at 07:15 PM 5 minutes ago, LisaColette said: Masters more likely to ride for Poole than Glasgow imo especially if Oxford move up. You can have Lawson if you want. I'll take a hard pass on that option thanks! Glasgow have made a habit of going top heavy, so Flint & Harris, bring back Dan T (I believe we only let him go because of the 8.00 rule). Rowe has looked really good at Ashfield in his guest performances recently (he was poor when he visited with Oxford though). Very similar ave to Zischke but gets a Brit reduction. Anze Grmek, mentioned a few times above, would be a good signing. I don't see any 2.00 NDL riders about that look like they'll score well in the champ. So if the limit stays at 41 then probably looking at the likes of Hodder, Perry, Foord, or Jack Smith for the reserves (I would be surprised if Hagon was re-signed, even though he can be really fast round Ashfield when he gates. Tailed off too many times recently). If the limit is any lower than 41 then I don't think that top 4 would fit. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cheggie Posted Monday at 07:20 PM Report Share Posted Monday at 07:20 PM 4 minutes ago, TigerIain said: I'll take a hard pass on that option thanks! Glasgow have made a habit of going top heavy, so Flint & Harris, bring back Dan T (I believe we only let him go because of the 8.00 rule). Rowe has looked really good at Ashfield in his guest performances recently (he was poor when he visited with Oxford though). Very similar ave to Zischke but gets a Brit reduction. Anze Grmek, mentioned a few times above, would be a good signing. I don't see any 2.00 NDL riders about that look like they'll score well in the champ. So if the limit stays at 41 then probably looking at the likes of Hodder, Perry, Foord, or Jack Smith for the reserves (I would be surprised if Hagon was re-signed, even though he can be really fast round Ashfield when he gates. Tailed off too many times recently). If the limit is any lower than 41 then I don't think that top 4 would fit. I had this as one of the options on a spreadsheet, as a starter for 10 - 1 Harris 7.93 2 3 Rowe 6.39 4 Zischke 6.56 5 D Thompson 7.55 6 Grmek 3.56 7 31.99 8.01 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheWellBehavedWorrall Posted Monday at 07:34 PM Author Report Share Posted Monday at 07:34 PM 40 minutes ago, TigerIain said: Seems a bit harsh on Flint. He missed the gate in heat 1, and couldn't find a way past the fast starting Scott. Always hard to pass in heat 1 at Ashfield but it wasn't for the lack of trying. He then had a win and a paid win in his next 2 rides, and finished 3rd behind Bomber and Pickering in heat 13. Obviously you want your home number 1 scoring a max but realistically Pickering is a level above Flint, so other than dropping a point to Scott he did his job at Ashfield. Ideally we needed more than that, but I don't agree that he was really poor in the second leg. Different story in the first leg though. It isn’t harsh; it’s having standards. Our number one scored 7 at home in a play-off final, having scored just 4 in the first leg. It’s woeful. In his second and third rides, he did as expected. Hook, Ingram, Palm Toft and Mountain should always be easy meat for Glasgow’s number one. When we needed him, he fell short. I don’t care if he missed the gate in the first heat, or the track wasn’t suited or he tried his hardest; we needed something for our number one in the first heat - anything - and we got nothing. It set the tone. The less said about his contribution - and Harris’ - in the first leg, the better. Shocking. FWIW I like Flint and I’d be happy to see him continue at Ashfield next season, but let’s call a spade a spade; he was nowhere near good enough. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gmuncie Posted Monday at 07:48 PM Report Share Posted Monday at 07:48 PM 6 hours ago, szkocjasid said: When's the last time Pickering or Masters had an average low enough to guest for Glasgow? This year when Kyle H first retired his home average (with 5% uplift) allowed 8.83 for a guest Sam’s average at the time was 8.77 so for the home Scottish cup match against Edinburgh and the home league match vs Berwick Sam was eligible (and in theory the league match against Edinburgh but Oxford were riding that night). Sam’s average went back above Kyle + uplift on 1st August Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SteveLyric2 Posted Monday at 07:51 PM Report Share Posted Monday at 07:51 PM 34 minutes ago, TigerIain said: I'll take a hard pass on that option thanks! Glasgow have made a habit of going top heavy, so Flint & Harris, bring back Dan T (I believe we only let him go because of the 8.00 rule). Rowe has looked really good at Ashfield in his guest performances recently (he was poor when he visited with Oxford though). Very similar ave to Zischke but gets a Brit reduction. Anze Grmek, mentioned a few times above, would be a good signing. I don't see any 2.00 NDL riders about that look like they'll score well in the champ. So if the limit stays at 41 then probably looking at the likes of Hodder, Perry, Foord, or Jack Smith for the reserves (I would be surprised if Hagon was re-signed, even though he can be really fast round Ashfield when he gates. Tailed off too many times recently). If the limit is any lower than 41 then I don't think that top 4 would fit. The limit hasn't been 41 for at least 2xseasons. It's 40. Rumours of 38 in 2027 assuming same number of clubs. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Noelinho Posted Monday at 08:15 PM Report Share Posted Monday at 08:15 PM 54 minutes ago, cheggie said: I had this as one of the options on a spreadsheet, as a starter for 10 - 1 Harris 7.93 2 3 Rowe 6.39 4 Zischke 6.56 5 D Thompson 7.55 6 Grmek 3.56 7 31.99 8.01 I believe a couple of Poole’s 2024 reserves might complete the lineup. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
YeOldPitGate Posted Monday at 08:23 PM Report Share Posted Monday at 08:23 PM 7 minutes ago, Noelinho said: I believe a couple of Poole’s 2024 reserves might complete the lineup. Tobi Thomsen ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheWellBehavedWorrall Posted Monday at 08:57 PM Author Report Share Posted Monday at 08:57 PM 1 hour ago, TigerIain said: Anze Grmek, mentioned a few times above, would be a good signing. Awful for us when guesting against Poole and even worse for Plymouth at Berwick at the weekend. I was open to the idea, but the more I see, the less I like. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Neila Posted Monday at 09:14 PM Report Share Posted Monday at 09:14 PM 1 hour ago, TigerIain said: or Jack Smith for the reserves Yes please sign him 😄 been riding for 10 years or more and still not got out of the reserve berth 🤔 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheWellBehavedWorrall Posted 20 hours ago Author Report Share Posted 20 hours ago 8 hours ago, Neila said: Yes please sign him 😄 been riding for 10 years or more and still not got out of the reserve berth 🤔 I don’t think that’s fair. Not every rider is on a trajectory to reach lofty heights. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Colsimmo58 Posted 9 hours ago Report Share Posted 9 hours ago Tobias Thomsen, NO CHANCE, was a guest for Tigers and scored 1 point i think. What about Alfie Bowtell, if his average fitted in at Reserve ???? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TigerIain Posted 9 hours ago Report Share Posted 9 hours ago 21 hours ago, cheggie said: I had this as one of the options on a spreadsheet, as a starter for 10 - 1 Harris 7.93 2 3 Rowe 6.39 4 Zischke 6.56 5 D Thompson 7.55 6 Grmek 3.56 7 31.99 8.01 20 hours ago, Noelinho said: I believe a couple of Poole’s 2024 reserves might complete the lineup. Foord and Perry combined would be under 6. It would fit for 38, but you could probably include Flint for Rowe or Zischke if it's 40 (I haven't actually worked out any 2027 averages, but his final average is almost exactly 2 higher than Zischke & Rowe). Either way, I think we should bring back the 4 team tournament! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
crescent girl Posted 5 hours ago Report Share Posted 5 hours ago Vinnie Foord is a Tiger on Friday, no surprise that Hausl's not there. Nick Morris in for Howarth.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheWellBehavedWorrall Posted 4 hours ago Author Report Share Posted 4 hours ago 39 minutes ago, crescent girl said: Vinnie Foord is a Tiger on Friday, no surprise that Hausl's not there. Nick Morris in for Howarth.... Where’s Hausl? Checked all Tigers’ social media outlets and website, but no one explanation for his non-involvement. Line-up announced, but no clarification on why a rider is missing. Foord is an improvement (Cruz Harris would be an improvement on Hausl, to be fair), but that’s not the point; it’s amateur coverage. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TigerIain Posted 3 hours ago Report Share Posted 3 hours ago 35 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said: Where’s Hausl? Monarchs don't seem to know either, their pre match piece just says Foord is guesting for him. Article infers that we are doing it to strengthen up. Hausl's Facebook post yesterday makes reference to seeing the German team manager on Saturday and Sunday, so maybe riding for Germany in something? Given that management want us to go and support the team, you'd think that they would do us the courtesy of telling us. In the absence of being told an actual explanation I'm just going to assume that we've told him not to bother coming over for it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.