British Speedway Forum
emilali

Berwick Make Changes

Wow what a signing, well done Berwick. Kennett could average over 10 easily in PL. This a guy confident of going through GP qualification and has started the season brilliantly.

Didn't see that one coming!! Kennett is a brilliant signing and could be challenging Cook for the top PL rider. The Bandits promotion should be applauded for taking a risk, because that's what it is. Kennett won't be coming cheap. Paul Starke (another ex Rocket), didn't do too badly when with us.

Question now is, what happens with the race suits and bonus point money?

Kennett probably wont come cheap but the cost of having a losing team,allied to the fact not as many people going,doesnt bare thinking about.

Is there not a rule about doubling up and having an average over 6 in the EL??? or something like that

Good signing by Berwick as he is riding well at the moment but i don't see why he would want to double down unless he is getting paid stupid amount of money.

Think as long as converted ave fits then its fine. Why wouldn't an English rider want to ride in the PL? More meetings, but wonder what will happen at Swindon as they didn't want to have 3 "doublers" this year, thats why Doyle was released.

1 genuinely happy Berwick fan here... To hell with cost and all that poppy cock... Our promotion wouldn't have made this move unless they were sure they could do this... We needed someone big to fill the scoring power we lost from Ricky being missing and boy have we got it! Glad Paul Starke is being given a chance too... I'm genuinely hoping people come out and support us now... They wanted changes and boy do we have it :)

• Like 4

In one swoop Eddie Kennett has to be THE signing of the season and the most intruiging from a rider perspective.

A fantastic move by the Bandits. Truly hope the fans now come out in force and swell the gates to support it.

Edited by george.m
  • Like 2

Blimey

• Like 1

Quality signing for the Berwick Promotion, and a bold move by them..

Will be interesting to see if h lives up to the big reputation, and a very high starting average which I make well over 10.

I cannot see it but lets hope for the Berwick Promotion that they have not signed another Gjedde.

Once again the promotion at Berwick have pulled another rabbit out the hat with these changes , if Eddie Kennett puts a few more bums on seats then whatever he's costing will worth it .Hopefully this will kick start our season , one that was in danger of slipping away even at this early stage of the season . Onwards and upwards :lol::party:

Very best wishes to Paul Starke on his berth at Berwick. Paul is a great trier and, in my opinion, could be a GREAT signing for the 'Bandits'. He did well for us at Newcastle last Season and deserves his chance. :t::approve: :approve:

I certainly never saw Kennett coming - well done to the Promotion for taking this bold step to strengthen their Team. :approve:

• Like 5

Very best wishes to Paul Starke on his berth at Berwick. Paul is a great trier and, in my opinion, could be a GREAT signing for the 'Bandits'. He did well for us at Newcastle last Season and deserves his chance. :t::approve: :approve:

He's had a great start to the National League season with Dudley, i've been impressed with him!!

• Like 3

Bandits have made some great mid-season signings in recent years.

Seb Alden and Magic Rempala come to mind, and I feel pretty confident Eddie Kennet will make it three in a row.

• Like 1

I certainly never saw Kennett coming - well done to the Promotion for taking this bold step to strengthen their Team. :approve:

I was speaking to some Diamonds fans at the Ben Fund saying that i thought Paul might still be there but was told they had high hopes for Lewis Kerr [correctly] so Paul might have point to prove especially on SKY