British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Premier League Pairs - Friday 11th July

Don't think reserves need to be at practice for Cardiff... Think it's down to the individual..

I know Cookie was at Somerset last year even though he was Cardiff reserve.

Don't think reserves need to be at practice for Cardiff... Think it's down to the individual..

I know Cookie was at Somerset last year even though he was Cardiff reserve.

Barker on the other hand a few years back went to Cardiff instead of the Pairs.

I reckon cookie and sam will win.....he'll be there he wants to win it.

Cookie won't be there. I heard it from the horses mouth but that was straight after the British final. He might have had a change of heart now though

Cookie won't be there. I heard it from the horses mouth but that was straight after the British final. He might have had a change of heart now though

What time do they usually have the GP practice on the Friday ?? Would he risk the pairs when he has got into the biggest meeting of his career so far , surely he would be focusing on the GP the next day

• Like 1

What time do they usually have the GP practice on the Friday ?? Would he risk the pairs when he has got into the biggest meeting of his career so far , surely he would be focusing on the GP the next day

Not sure on practice time but think he will choose practice over pairs

Berwick will be represented by Claus Vissing and David Bellego.

Cook was reserve at Cardiff when he did the Pairs, this time he's got a full-blown place. I don't think anyone could really blame him if he misses Somerset; Cardiff is a big opportunity and getting a few points could have a big effect on the rest of his career (places in Poland, Sweden and the rest).

He seems ambitious enough and eventually that ambition will mean living the PL behind.

All the best

Rob

• Like 3

Cook was reserve at Cardiff when he did the Pairs, this time he's got a full-blown place. I don't think anyone could really blame him if he misses Somerset; Cardiff is a big opportunity and getting a few points could have a big effect on the rest of his career (places in Poland, Sweden and the rest).

He seems ambitious enough and eventually that ambition will mean living the PL behind.

All the best

Rob

True, but practice at the GP`s are not compulsory so if Cook wants his chance at winning the PL Pairs for Edinburgh there is no reason why he shouldn't.

He would be silly to though. A good performance could have all sorts of benefits for his career and he should do everything he can to produce one.

He would be silly to though. A good performance could have all sorts of benefits for his career and he should do everything he can to produce one.

I get your point, a good Cardiff performance might get a promoter in Poland or Sweden interested, though Craig Cook has exactly been a secret over the last few seasons, also this years PL Pairs is live on Sky Sports, so if your looking to advertise yourself what better way than live on tv.