British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Wolves Vs Oxford Vs Birmingham Vs Cradley (retro Fours)

Interesting how all those slagging it have a functioning club they can support, might be a while till the next Birmingham or Oxford fixture (hopefully only 7 months for the former).

• Like 3

Can only agree, complete waste of time running this sort of meeting mid season

You might have thought differently had Peterborough not come to the tapes in 2014, and the Panthers were involved tonight.

All the best

Rob

• Like 2

Interesting how all those slagging it have a functioning club they can support, might be a while till the next Birmingham or Oxford fixture (hopefully only 7 months for the former).

It's not an Oxford fixture in any shape or form.

Those who go along thinking it is are quite simply mugs.

This is why speedway hasn't moved on for decades, promoters have long considered their fan base to be somewhat gullible and will turn up whatever league, competition, pretend teams are on show.

Well I am looking forward to this, its not like I have many meetings to look forward now my club has closed down. I just dont want to go tracks like Monmore or Brandon as a neutral, I would much rather see my team in action.This meeting gives us a chance to support our team, and hopefully impress any potential person coming in if we travel there in numbers. Apart from Cardiff I have not seen a meeting since mid june, I loved going every single week until the shambles at the Brummies happened.

So I applaud CVS for arranging this and will send a thank you email/letter to Wolverhampton Speedway in the coming days. What a mug I must be

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 7

Well I am looking forward to this. What a mug I must be

Yeah, same goes for me as well. I'm attending tonight, as it will almost certainly be the last time the Brummies will track anything like a team this year.

TBF, I've always enjoyed the Monmore experience, and it's a chance to catch up with folks I haven't seen for a few months. Plus, I reckon it'll be a much better meeting than some are predicting....

Yet again Wolverhampton pimping themselves in a desperate attempt to get fans from other club to turn up on the night, and maybe continue to attended meetings at Monmore Green, This all started with the free bus from Perry Barr in 1984, Have they no faith in their own supporters to turn up. Shocking by CVS to cash in on other fans not having a home team to follow.

Or maybe its great promotion, get 3 sets of away fans attending a meeting many home fans may not fancy, and also get publicity and good will from the visiting fans for highlighting there clubs

Kind of thing that should have happened at Perry Barr I can never understand why there wasn’t a Bulls v Heathens fixture once a year at Perry Barr as a full meeting or a as a 5 heat challenge a couple of times a year after the main meeting.

Edited by Pirio Barre

Great offer by CVS to give us Brummie fans some exposure.

I won't be missing this one.

Yeah, same goes for me as well. I'm attending tonight, as it will almost certainly be the last time the Brummies will track anything like a team this year.

TBF, I've always enjoyed the Monmore experience, and it's a chance to catch up with folks I haven't seen for a few months. Plus, I reckon it'll be a much better meeting than some are predicting....

Oh well as your going I,ll stay at home

• Like 1

Oh come on Noaksey - it's a chance to see what it's like at "The Green" without Grand Prix stars performing...... or perhaps we are already used to that???

• Like 2

You might have thought differently had Peterborough not come to the tapes in 2014, and the Panthers were involved tonight.

All the best

Rob

I can assure you I wouldn't, if Panthers close it will be GP,s and live on sky/eurosport from then on.

All the best

BCD

I'd suggest this was a test meeting to see if speedway really is a £10 product - at a PL standard and without the distortion of like Sky coverage.

It could also have been a test to see whether Cradley could survive at PL level at Monmore Wood.

Probably not but worth at least considering.

Edited by rmc

I'd suggest this was a test meeting to see if speedway really is a £10 product - at a PL standard and without the distortion of like Sky coverage.

It could also have been a test to see whether Cradley could survive at PL level at Monmore Wood.

Someone is going to have to explain to me how it can be a test of whether Cradley could survive at PL level when Cradley are not riding in the meeting.

There is no 'test' needed with regards Cradley. They get more than big enough gates to ride in the PL, they get big enough gates to ride in the EL! Not only that there are still a good % of Cradley fans who don't go, simply because it is only NL standard. Move up a league the crowd would increase.

However, it's easy money in the NL and whilst the crowds hold up at that level, there's no need for them to move.

Edited by BWitcher

I expected more to be there to be honest but still a decent crowd. More Brummies fans than most. Good to see a few Oxford coats around too.

Besides Heat 1 and a couple of decent races if this is the PL standard then its a bore fest.

Impressed with Gino, Ludvig was good value. Tungate got better as the meeting went on.

The Pole Konopka was as hopeless as his PL scores suggests.

Klindt made 2 decent gates and when he didn't he went backwards - nothing changes.

Howe looked like he hadn't ridden the place in years (Well true he hadn't!) but had none of the Monmore magic he used to possess.

17 heats for £10 with racing over bout ten minutes later than a usual match was decent value.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1