British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Sheffield Tigers ( L C) - Easter Sunday, March 27th (3pm)

After that performance how long before the Godfrey " if the crowds don't improve we will not be running next season"

• Like 1

Said that Scunthorpe looked a poor side and was proved correct, Kilndt is just awful and Holoub not much better, Sheffield look decent though

Said that Scunthorpe looked a poor side and was proved correct, Kilndt is just awful and Holoub not much better, Sheffield look decent though

But Holub needs to get his new average doesn't he? For when Klindt leaves. 3 meetings down 5 to go....

Ipswich (a) 5+1 (4)

Ipswich (h) 4+1 (4)

Sheffield (h) 2 (4)

So that 11 +2 (12) and a nice 3.67 ave (which should be increased to an assesed 5)

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 1

After that performance how long before the Godfrey " if the crowds don't improve we will not be running next season"

That depends on whether the home support are happy with top quality racing.

How did Wilko look following his fall last week?

Poor and he needs to sort some anger management courses. For anything but the first time, he started on an opposition rider after a race for no reason at all. He should channel that aggression into his riding.

Only Auty (probably the best I have ever seen him ride) Douglas and the battling Bailey were up to par for Scunny. Davies and Wilkinson simply weren't good enough, there have to be question marks about Holub (although I thought he tried hard) and the less said about Klindt the better.

Sheffield were very impressive, even Greaves deserving a better reward. Carry on like that and they will be a real title threat.

The track was a bit wet and heavy after a couple of light showers but there was still some cracking racing - notably from Auty and Garrity.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

IMO Sheffield will be the PL top team this season, so a home defeat to them, I wouldn't be getting carried away with as I think there will be more than Scunthorpe to suffer.

That depends on whether the home support are happy with top quality racing.

Poor and he needs to sort some anger management courses. For anything but the first time, he started on an opposition rider after a race for no reason at all. He should channel that aggression into his riding.

Only Auty (probably the best I have ever seen him ride) Douglas and the battling Bailey were up to par for Scunny. Davies and Wilkinson simply weren't good enough, there have to be question marks about Holub (although I thought he tried hard) and the less said about Klindt the better.

Sheffield were very impressive, even Greaves deserving a better reward. Carry on like that and they will be a real title threat.

The track was a bit wet and heavy after a couple of light showers but there was still some cracking racing - notably from Auty and Garrity.

No idea what Wilkinsons problem was, After Auty/Tungate last year you would Scunthorpe riders wouldnt do that thankfully hes not actually good enough to hit what hes aiming for

i always thought no tacticals in cup matches? im sure we were told last week ?

Think it's 18.2.4 in the regs, if I'm reading it right, they are not allowed. Poor refereeing again.

• Like 1

i always thought no tacticals in cup matches? im sure we were told last week ?

Tactical rides allowed in the Qualification Stages.. not the finals.

Scunny were woeful today, they did improve as the track dried out but by then the damage had been done. Bad day at the office, only Auty, Douglas and Bailey deserve any real praise.

Credit to Sheffield, they attacked the conditions and thoroughly deserved their win.

• Like 1

No idea what Wilkinsons problem was, After Auty/Tungate last year you would Scunthorpe riders wouldnt do that thankfully hes not actually good enough to hit what hes aiming for

I've always thought that Wilko was a loose cannon. He's tough and will give his all, but he's always spoiling for a fight. As has been said he needs to concentrate on himself and not be distracted by "petty retributions".

• Like 1

Tactical rides allowed in the Qualification Stages.. not the finals.

Certainly doesn't read that way in the 2016 regulations which are a change to the 2015 regs in that it's now worded as per the KOC.

I was under the impression this was changed at last years AGM and TR were only allowed in league matches.

Certainly doesn't read that way in the 2016 regulations which are a change to the 2015 regs in that it's now worded as per the KOC.

I was under the impression this was changed at last years AGM and TR were only allowed in league matches.

Ref (Peter Clarke) got clarification prior to todays meeting... that being, Tacticals allowed in LC Qualifying matches..but not the finals. Bit of confusion last week when it was understood that no tacticals were to be used...just as well neither team were in a position to take one!