British Speedway Forum

Trees I am sure you mean well but what makes you think I should be 'working on a reconciliation' from my side.......? Exactly, you have assumed wrong, so guess it is best that no more is said on the subject and I am allowed to carry on being a 'normal supporter' :)

Have we got any "normal supporters" left. :blink:

• Like 3

Just discussing this debacle with my daughter and she said the whole of speedway has gone to pot this year, even Poole haven't broken any rules yet!

Took me a couple of minutes to get over my coughing fit :P

• Like 2

Can somone tell me the difference between Kings Lynn saying we are cancelling our meeting tomorrow, with no valid reason and Belle Vue saying we are cancelling our meeting because a water pipe was left on, should Kings Lynn suffer the same penalty as Belle Vue did

Or indeed Kings Lynn cancelling a meeting against Lakeside 2 days before because of a broken fuse!!

Poole won their first meeting so need to need to bend any rules. YET !!!😀

So sky now say kings Lynn call the meeting off

Make of that what u will

Does not stop KL running the meeting does it, Sky or no Sky?

• Like 1

Just discussing this debacle with my daughter and she said the whole of speedway has gone to pot this year, even Poole haven't broken any rules yet!

Took me a couple of minutes to get over my coughing fit :P

Come on...

The heat leader list?

Any rider who has ridden here previously with a 6.5 or more average can be added to the list...?

Poole sign Buzz on a 6.48 average (a smidge below 6.5) so not on the heat leader list meaning Poole can have three heat leader list riders and Buzz?

Who set the 6.5 limit??

Exactly.....

The promoters...

Of which Poole have just one vote the same as everyone else...

Bugger, that doesn't add up does it?

Anyway, must be Poole's fault somewhere for something I would imagine..

Keep a close eye on 'em thats what I say..😁😊

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

Come on...

The heat leader list?

Any rider who has ridden here previously with a 6.5 or more average can be added to the list...?

Poole sign Buzz on a 6.48 average (a smidge below 6.5) so not on the heat leader list meaning Poole can have three heat leader list riders and Buzz?

Who set the 6.5 limit??

Exactly.....

The promoters...

Keep a close eye on 'em thats what I say..

Here we go again....................

RP

Does not stop KL running the meeting does it, Sky or no Sky?

I would say they would have preferred the original staging date as agreed by both teams,that's before Sky decided they wanted to change it.

Is that a Wednesday or a Thursday?

As an existing customer you should be able to get the full sports for £3 month extra atm.

Thanks Danny, I'll investigate that. There are so many permutations of Sky/ Eurosport / BT and in the past Bet 365, however you can't beat watching it live. Oh....I can't do that tomorrow as its cancelled!

Give BT a ring as we did we've managed to negotiate a deal for 18 months to get BT sport for no extra cost than that of the broadband subsription

Apparently Buster heard a shower was arriving in Kings Lynn Monday evening. What he didn't realise is that the person that told him was referring to the Coventry team :o

Edited by SCB

Here we go again....................

RP

He is just joking! It is mainly Coventry fans who have the Poole are cheating every week' mentality.
  • Like 1

Apparently Buster heard a shower was arriving in Kings Lynn Monday evening. What he didn't realise is that the person that told him was referring to the Coventry team :o

I never thought i would see the day when SCB slagged of his own team. Things must be bad... :o

• Like 1

Just been studying the weather models/pressure charts/convective outlook and tomorrows weather is a real problem.. especially the further east you get in the UK.

We've had a bit of a plume today, which culminated in a quite active area of moisture/lapse rates/shears and this triggered some very heavy rain and isolated thunderstorms over south east England... Stowmarket received 15.4mm of rain in 40 minutes earlier this evening, the storms got as far north as Ipswich, before pulling east into the north sea..

Tomorrow (Monday) will be a rinse and repeat, but it will be more widespread, yet just as unpredictable.. in the nature of where and when the (Big) showers and longer periods of rain hit..

There's a good chance that Kings Lynn will get a fair dose of rain, especially in the early part of the day, which will then give way to heavy and thundery showers, with a chance of a Thunderstorm/s in the afternoon after daytime heating takes effect. However, these afternoon thundery showers and/or Thunderstorms are by nature difficult to predict in strength and location, and Kings Lynn could cop a good un, or none!!

Busters reputation as a track man has always in recent years been that he can get meetings on, when most have no chance, due to his knowledge, stadium access and plant at his disposal, Kings Lynn fans know this, most other teams and promoters know this, and Sky definitely know this, so why such an early capitulation to a weather forecast that is not 100% nailed on, especially 48hrs before the day of the race meeting..

That's the question that needs answering. Cars or no cars on Sunday, should not influence a postponement that premature....

Rant over.

Come on...

The heat leader list?

Who set the 6.5 limit??

Exactly.....

The promoters...

Keep a close eye on 'em thats what I say..

agree about buzz he has the exact same average as danny king, yet king is classed as a heat leader....yes thats right ,,,but doesnt sound right does it!

one member one vote ...yes you would think but is it?............

wouldnt it be nice to have clarification, and it would also be good if us fans got to see what promoter voted for what rules etc....

and also what promoter drafted rules and who voted or backed him up

then we would see which promoters stick together and work things out amongst themselves before any agm , then obviosly vote and get a majority therefore completely knackering up some of the other clubs hopes of team building,

it does seem odd that the rules always tend to suit clubs down south...

but i doubt us fans will ever get clarity after all its the bspa....

• Like 1