British Speedway Forum
Joe Beevers

Father And Son World Pairs

So after the compiling an International Pairs list of best riders with a lot of help from fans on the forum, I thought I would ask for more of that help again by honourably mentioning riders who followed in their father's footsteps.

Now as this is Years Gone By, I think it would maybe not be fair to mention riders who are riding now i.e Paco Castagna and Armando but if the demand is wanted and the final list isn't too large then I do not see why not.

Of course as well it would be interesting to pick a winner and everyone can chip in with as many as they wish but I will get the ball rolling and say;

Father and Son World Pairs

Ken and Neil Middleditch

Phil and Jason Crump would surely be favourites for this.

Phil and Jason Crump would surely be favourites for this.

Jason Crump is still actively racing in Australia and would've been in the Peter Craven Memorial line-up but for a clash with his induction in to the Australian Motorsports Hall of Fame, so under Joe's qualification regs they don't qualify?

John and Chris Louis as good a father and son combo as any I would've thought...

Think there are 1 or 2 threads with a long long list including Zabik father + son,Tomicek father and son,Dryml father and son,Muller father and son,Taylor Glynn and Chum :P etc

Here is one and even on this someone say's "here we go again...."

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=71356&hl=father

Another one

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=58949&hl=%2Bkarol+%2Bzabik&do=findComment&comment=1824542

Lionel and Barry Van Pragg.

Ole and Jacob Olsen

Peter and Robert Craven

Edited by steve roberts

If everyone mentioned rode at their peak, Louis' and Crumps would be difficult to split.

Crumps surely a notch ahead of the Louis pair? Mauger,Briggs and Olsen pairs all capable of picking up third, or even 2nd if senior scored a max and junior bear the other juniors (excited Louis and Crump)

Joel and Tommy Jansson both reached world finals and would have a good run at third.

I'd also programme the Kasper's in this meeting.

• Like 1

Different slant on the subject but how about brothers riding together? The Boocock brothers would have taken some beating. They did appear at least on one occasion in a Best Pairs Final I seem to recall?

Morans and Collins' would be favorites I'd say, ahead of Boococks Mortons and Grahames? Sure there are some other leading pairs I've omitted

• Like 1

How about father and son pairs who actually rode together!?

I can offer up George & Terry Barclay

and

Les & Aidan Collins

Plus I think Mark Courtney rode with one of his sons..?

Brothers? Jack and Cordy Milne and Jack and Norman Parker would take some beating.

Then there's Tom and Sid Farndon, Vic and Ray Duggan, Roger and Buster Frogley, Peter and Brian Craven, Jeff and Wally Lloyd.

How about father and son pairs who actually rode together!?

I can offer up George & Terry Barclay

and

Les & Aidan Collins

Plus I think Mark Courtney rode with one of his sons..?

Reg and Eddie Reeves. Edited by norbold
  • Like 2