British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Glasgow Tigers ( P L) - Sunday, July 10th (4pm)

Poverty 1

Moneybags 0

Its that old saying you can't buy success as Chelsea proved last season we really need to pick our away form up though, i am sure that are*s will be kicked after that today no dis-respect to Scunthorpe going by the updates deserved it today.

And as others have said Bach for Barker was never the way to go as i have alway's said but who knows what went on behind the scenes.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Lawson and Summers often come up short late in meetings away from home.Home form keeps them a decent average.

Today simply didnt want to mix it..ok if they trapped but when required to race-- not interested...heat 15 summed it up when a Glasgow rider couldnt be arsed to finish the race...

But fair play to Scunny on their fine win

Could be racing around the EWR all week and no one would beat Auty on that form

Glasgow's away form is going to cost them dearly if they are not careful.

I wonder if there is a feeling that maybe dropping Ben Barker for Rene Bach was not such a good idea.

For Scunthorpe, lesson for next season if you are going to retain the services of Josh Auty make sure you sign a rider that keeps him away from the number 1 position, he is so more effective when he is not riding at number 1.

What it will do is give the other contenders the upper hand confidence wise as they have the away points on the board in fact our poor away form depending on results may cost a top 6 finish at the rate we are pis*ing points away.

Poverty 1

Moneybags 0

With a £50k plus investmwnt about to be made at the EWR id hardly call it poverty

Maybe sensible a better description?

I wonder if there is a feeling that maybe dropping Ben Barker for Rene Bach was not such a good idea.

It is only Bach's third meeting for Glasgow though his points should be a surprise to no one. What he does have over Barker is being well prepared and has decent machinery. Shame he doesnt have the never say die attitude of BB though.

If only our marketing were as good as the team!

Bye the way, did Glasgow take back their Kevlars from Barker when they tossed him out?

I believe he sold them to someone on your side of the fence!

you never know if Berwick have a half decent week with meetings at Ipswich and Peterborough we could be about to get new leaders of the PL table. :approve:

• Like 1

I'm sure Hancock had a Tigers race suit on last night, wonder if he'll be in the team at Scunthorpe today.................

he told us at the hotel last night that Glasgow were all over him :)

With a £50k plus investmwnt about to be made at the EWR id hardly call it poverty

Maybe sensible a better description?

Not when you're taking the p*ss out of Glasgow it isn't

• Like 1

Scunny were good today and with the riding order as it is they will be hard to beat at the ewr Ryan at one josh at five is so much better. A brilliant win and never seen rob so happy

• Like 1

Well done Scunthorpe - our away form is terrible atm but they seem to be getting it together so all credit to them. Still a long way to go and I think we'll make the playoffs, but certainly not living the pre season hype!!

Glasgow's away form is going to cost them dearly if they are not careful.

For Scunthorpe, lesson for next season if you are going to retain the services of Josh Auty make sure you sign a rider that keeps him away from the number 1 position, he is so more effective when he is not riding at number 1.

A 41 points total from three meetings now for Auty since switching to no 5.A massive difference does he find there are more racing lines after heat 1.? Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Never seen the track as bad it was a boring meeting. Scunny weren't that good just Glasgee that were not up for it.

Yep Bach for Barker never seemed like a great move.

Bye the way, did Glasgow take back their Kevlars from Barker when they tossed him out?

I see he was wearing his old Peterborough ones at Ippo last week.

Panthers also had bother with Barker over rolling stock that didn't belong to him as well I believe

Never seen the track as bad it was a boring meeting. Scunny weren't that good just Glasgee that were not up for it.

Little harsh. True, it was pretty poor up to heat 11 but after that it was normal service (largely) resumed. To be fair, it was hot, windy day.

I am still wondering where Josh Auty came from in heat 13. One second stone last the next first. Brilliant stuff .

Good to see Lewis Kerr banging in a couple of heat wins. It may be that the only winners from Ipswich showing him the door will be Scunthorpe.

Bandit for life commented on the way out that he was pleased Berwick have already been to EWR. He won't be alone, as Scunny are now an entirely different team. For that reason, I'd say Scunny were that good.

On a final note, I am sure that none of us take for granted the continued existence of a speedway track so it was very welcome news that the Scorpions will be coming to the tapes in 2017. ​

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2