British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

Another terrible statement. He seems to court criticism.

• Like 1

What a waste of time that statement is.

The kid really is either ill-advised or a complete idiot.

World Champion and continually turning his back on anything to do with UK speedway when it needs him most.

• Like 3

As I said yesterday next year WC team will be a team of Brits that want to race for GB and if we finnish last so be it .

• Like 9

More poor pr from Woffy ..if you got something to say then it and let people be the judge on who is right ...Tai is a great rider but that does not mean he has any idea on how to run the sport etc etc

Not sure how many more times his toys are going to come out of the pram with I am not playing any more or taking his ball back as the game is not being played the way he likes .

• Like 2

Another terrible statement. He seems to court criticism.

I'm sure his sponsors love the replies/retweets/mentions he gets on twitter.

TW's PR man is Nigel Pearson.

Having spoken to TW recently, there is far more to this story than meets the eye. No wonder he's pissed off. The people running this sport in this country are going to run it into the ground. They are clueless.

As for TW not being 'Universally popular'... a few very vocal moaning old gits, on a speedway forum frequented by the same few people, doesn't actually count' ;-)

So you clearly know more than the majority of us. Can you please tell uscall Woffindens gripes as he seems unwilling to do so.

• Like 1

A useless and pathetic press release which basically is just stoking the flames for the fans left wondering what the hell is going on. If he has that many fans left.

Only for the fans that always wants to know the in's and out's of a duck's a*se.This isn't bothering me as it's up to Tai what he does,and basically we all know the BSPA to be a shambles anyway.

• Like 5

Time to move on,he is just sh*t stirring and probably having a good laugh with his mates.We won't win anything for a few years with or without him.Probably took some advice from Greg.!!!!!

Why should he? It's a bit like your posts .. Do you ever explain yourself when other people on here ask you about certain posts

Because its very much in his interests to do so. Simply saying what he has allows some to accuse him of throwing toys out of the pram (or, more unfairly, attention seeking) when in actual fact he could have very legitimate and understandable reasons for his decision.

There will be matters that have to be confidential, I am sure most of us realise that. In addition, if he said nothing now he'd have to do so next season.

But I can't help but think that he is making a mistake by keeping quiet (although, not knowing the actual reason, it is very hard to judge) because it doesn't allow others to know precisely why he is taking the action that he is.

• Like 1

I was under the opinion Nige was Tai's PR .... However he doesn't do such a brill job....where is the publicity regarding the handing over of the GOSH fundraiser money?...or maybe Tai didn't get any publicity for it, the norm with this sport we all love:)

How has he caused mayhem? As far as I have seen he has only upset a few on here who the majority don't even have a proper name, who think they know everything and they have a right to know everything that goes on in the speedway world

Don't you not think fans deserve answers, you know the ones that pay the money to watch and therefore help pay the riders wages?

• Like 2

How has he caused mayhem? As far as I have seen he has only upset a few on here who the majority don't even have a proper name, who think they know everything and they have a right to know everything that goes on in the speedway world

OK mayhem was too strong a word maybe puzzlement would have been better. I don't think we should be told everything, far from it but when someone hints at something there is bound to be speculation or are we all expected to sit up straight, keep quiet and do as we are told.

if you hint at something, which IMO Tai has, you should back it up.

"He admits there have been issues behind the scenes which have contributed to his decision but doesn’t want to discuss them in public."

Us as supporters can guess that he isn't happy with the situation and his intention of giving 2017 a miss shows he is not happy with the BSPA and questions will be asked by media and fans alike but personally I believe he should come out and state the reasons. That way everybody will know and the BSPA will have to answer the situation.

OK mayhem was too strong a word maybe puzzlement would have been better. I don't think we should be told everything, far from it but when someone hints at something there is bound to be speculation or are we all expected to sit up straight, keep quiet and do as we are told.

if you hint at something, which IMO Tai has, you should back it up.

No I don't... He has said he is taking a year out, He has issues and that he hopes GB do well and hopes to be back in 2018... It now means fans travelling to event 1 or 2 next year know well in advance Tai won't be there, Unlike fans who went to race off this year expecting to see a 3 times world champion who 3 days earlier said he would be there
  • Like 2