British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
foamfence

Nicki Pedersen Injured.

Good to see Nikki back , never like to see a rider forced to retire

Good to see Nikki back , never like to see a rider forced to retire

As you suggest, Nicki is getting back on a bike.

He hasn't made a definite decision on his future yet but will be practicing at Leszno tomorrow to see how he feels.

Crazy if you ask me...

I don't think anybody did

Nicki's physioterapeut says that she recommend Nicki to retire.

"Lisa mener nok, det er klogest, at jeg stopper. At jeg skal overveje, om det ikke skal være nu. Og det er selvfølgelig

et råd, jeg tager med i mine videre overvejelser Nicki Pedersen om sin fortrolige og fysioterapeut, Lisa Thomey"

Nicki also says that he if do decided in favour of a comeback, it won't be because of money.

According to the article, Nicki is worth approx 50 million Danish kroner which is about 6 million GBP.

http://www.fyens.dk/sport/Fysioterapeut-til-speedwaystjerne-Nok-klogest-at-stoppe-Nicki/artikel/3170543

on the one hand its great to see Nicki back doing he does best, however I stick by what I said the other day in that the reward isn't worth the risk. IMO I don`t see Pedersen ever being World Champ again.

When you watch the crash that caused Nikki's last injury ,he was very unlucky to be in the wrong place at the wrong time very simple crash comparing what we see in the cut and thrust racing in GP's these days.Your destiny is not always in your own hands in Speedway racing. I think he would be wise to retire considering the nature of his injury.He's been there got the tee-shirt and done it all ,he has nothing left to prove.The sport would miss him but really can't see him being the force of old in the present GP line -up.As he states money is not the motive for him coming back.Hard to resist though at his level.

He should retire

I agree he should BUT it is easy for us to say. He isn't the first sports person to try and cling on too their career. I believe Nicki

when he says that it isn't about the money. It is about being afraid of what will happen after the career. What to do after the career,

about being "forgotten".

You know what the top riders earn in Poland alone.At 38 ish I think Nicki has enough money not to risk his health.Even more so if he has a family ?

I agree he should BUT it is easy for us to say. He isn't the first sports person to try and cling on too their career. I believe Nicki

when he says that it isn't about the money. It is about being afraid of what will happen after the career. What to do after the career,

about being "forgotten".

I'd find plenty to do if I had 6 million quid. :P

I can't imagine Nicki ever being forgotten...he isn't the type!

about being "forgotten".

You don't know me do ya lol. Just to say I'm no NP fan lol So I'll reiterate again, Nicki should 100%, definitely retire!

You know what the top riders earn in Poland alone.At 38 ish I think Nicki has enough money not to risk his health.Even more so if he has a family ?

Nicki has already said coming back isn't about the money, anyway you would imagine he has made enough to live a reasonably comfortable life without risking paralysis should he have another accident. Clearly it's something Nicki feels he wants to do, I hope a day doesn't come when he regrets his decision.

Nicki has already said coming back isn't about the money, anyway you would imagine he has made enough to live a reasonably comfortable life without risking paralysis should he have another accident. Clearly it's something Nicki feels he wants to do, I hope a day doesn't come when he regrets his decision.

I really thought he would retire, but he obviously feels that Danish Speedway and TV viewing figures in his own country are suffering, and is using that to reason with himself that a comeback is necessary. I would give his comeback till the end of this year, and he will retire then I am sure. Rather than the persona that he has as a racer, he has another side to him that others don't see.

I'd find plenty to do if I had 6 million quid. :P

I can't imagine Nicki ever being forgotten...he isn't the type!

Wonder what Greg is worth ?