British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

Speedway Calendars - What's The Point?

A pointless thread but they just p!$$ me off and had to say so.

I just don't get them, 2017 calendars with 2016 riders that ain't there next season or 2017 riders in opposition racesuit colours.

Seeing them advertised on social media just irritates me.

It's such a stupid thing but one of those very very small small things that some reason makes me steam.

I just think "poor bar-stewards who get ripped off buying out of date tat before the first day of its required use."

If fans want calendars of their team of the year before, no problem, yep pointless thread lol

The point is simple , to make cash for the club

It's like my Ola Jordan Calendar.... All the photos were taken in 2016.

Who wants to spend all of 2017 looking at pictures from the previous year like this

ola2017.jpg

• Like 4

Had a look at the pictures above, and definately cannot see the point ( or points)

• Like 1

It's like my Ola Jordan Calendar.... All the photos were taken in 2016.

Who wants to spend all of 2017 looking at pictures from the previous year like this

ola2017.jpg

That misses the point. Obviously you'd buy that calendar because you like Ola.

As an example - if you're an Edinburgh fan and bought the 2017 calendar you might have to stare at Glasgow's Bewley for month

Same as my Kelly Brook calendar - and I'm not sharing that!! (waits for someone else to put up the pics!!)

There is a calender of Oxford Speedway highlighting the uncertainty of Cowley Stadium and generating support in saving the complex from redevelopment. A worthy cause!

A pointless thread but they just p!$$ me off and had to say so.

I just don't get them, 2017 calendars with 2016 riders that ain't there next season or 2017 riders in opposition racesuit colours.

Seeing them advertised on social media just irritates me.

It's such a stupid thing but one of those very very small small things that some reason makes me steam.

I just think "poor bar-stewards who get ripped off buying out of date tat before the first day of its required use."

You got that right ........a pointless thread

You got that right ........a pointless thread

Quite right. More pictures please. :P

Not really different to other sports, any football club calendar could have someone who's been sold by the time it comes to the month they're on. I guess that's the risk you take when buying one. Or if you have photos of your favourite riders for example it's easier to just create your own.

Well just in the interests of calendar research and for comparison purposes only...

cals.jpg

I also find calendars a pain in the a**e. Last years riders on this years months. It will always be this way with a sport that runs from march till October.Understand the other photos except CLIFF?

Understand the other photos except CLIFF?

He's famous for his calendars too. And I needed something to reduce Tsunami's blood pressure after Ola, Kelly and Kylie.

• Like 1

I also find calendars a pain in the a**e. Last years riders on this years months. It will always be this way with a sport that runs from march till October.Understand the other photos except CLIFF?

Either JL is a Cliff fan or he read the same article as me last week. Despite his age and recent difficulties, Cliff is still the best selling male calendar. Yes I was amazed too.