British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barrow Boy 2

Championship Play Offs

Schlein Greaves Masters and Riss will all be at Edinburgh as Play offs take priority over koc..... so says Chris Louis

No way.

Is this the start of sensible thinking in the sport?

Ipswich just tweeted me back saying Rory Schlein will ride at Edinburgh on 22ed

Tbf like Danny, we always have had first dibs on Rory I think you will find, the only doubt would have been Nathan, but seems it's no problem after all!!

• Like 1

No way.

Is this the start of sensible thinking in the sport?

Seems to me sensible would have ensured Championship play offs didn't clash with Premiership KOC.

Why didn't ipswich have the second leg at home???

Their choice as finish second in table?

Why didn't ipswich have the second leg at home???

Their choice as finish second in table?

I originally questioned that, but as we ride Thursdays I suppose it would have been pointless waiting for another week, at least we've got the 2nd leg in the forgotten cup.

Take what?????

Maybe the 90s pop group are playing Murrayfield.

Maybe the 90s pop group are playing Murrayfield.

That's one to avoid then.

Surprised they are all still around. Daughter even went to see BoyZone a couple of weeks ago..

And why are Glasgow racing on a Tuesday night!!!!!! Bound to be a huge money spinner - the kids that have watched us all year and no doubt there parents will now miss out. OK I don't expect us to win on the night or qualify for the final but it would have ben nice to race in front of bumper crowd! Just cos we own our stadium we get treated like mugs. Saturday would have been the obvious date but seems we are committed to a thrilling match at Workington which if you look at the Workington threads there is likely to be no one there. Glasgow fans wont be travelling having forked out for 3 matches in less than a week and with the riders championship and the play-offs still to pay for. We've been shafted in the ko cup with blank dates waiting months to see who our opponents will be and we still don't have any fixed dates. We'll now lose to Newcastle whereas earlier in the season when at full strength we should have won. Its just a total bells up

Scrub most of the above. The Tuesday gives more time for our injured riders to recover and should be easier to get guests as no other matches that evening. Still a shame that the kids won't see us in the play offs

Doubt there will be many at the Glasgow match, a Tuesday night is a defo no go, why could they not have gone for the Saturday night 30th, some of us work shifts, looks like my season is over then :'(

Prediction time!

I think Monarchs might sneak this one.Should be 2 cracking meetings though.(if no riders missing,which would make the whole thing a joke ).

We have had a slick track most of the year......lets hope the heavens open and we get some mud, that will give us some real home advantage.

Doubt there will be many at the Glasgow match, a Tuesday night is a defo no go, why could they not have gone for the Saturday night 30th, some of us work shifts, looks like my season is over then :'(

Good point though i see Glasgow as being partially to blame. We had 5 blank fixtures in the April to June period and more during July & August where we should have been trying to pull fixtures forward. I dont believe that every team we could have approached would have said no. Now a meaningless meeting prevents us running a playoff on our usual race night and gaining all the revenue that comes with it.