Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

Just now, spin king junior said:

He rides Poland.

That could be Sheffield`s problem if they are to make a change. Kyle Newman ?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

The big change needed is the track, if that doesn't change the stadium may well be empty in the summer when people go out on a Sunday and cant be bothered to rush back to be bored.

the only two riders I wouldn't swap at the moment are Kemp and Kennedy, although that may be harsh on some of them who cant gate and because of the track cant pass

But Nichol, Andersen and Proctor are definitely underperforming at the moment.

Anyway will have to have a hard think about whether or not to bother again until someone tells me the track has improved  

 

 

I’m sorry but how you can still blame the track is beyond me it was watered regularly. It’s a hot and windy day with the sun beating down on it. And the dirt on the outside line is no joke about 6 Inches deeps. So how you can say it’s the track is a joke the Glasgow team seemed to like it the track was prepped to how the Sheffield riders wanted it. so I think we need to stop making excuses of it being the track now it’s getting abit Of a joke. Not exactly a bad meeting but if it’s not a win we are on the band wagon again of blaming the track. 

Rant over

Edited by Motox92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, spin king said:

Forget Bewley he has regular spot in the Polish Leagues and would not be available on Sundays.

I wonder if we could fit in Bradley Wison Dean, but that would require 2 changes to the present team. 

Bewley was just a name off top of my head,it's just frustrating having a good team on paper but not on track.The way it's going we are heading for an early season.finish again .Weve got 7 racers but no gaters and as the track is we need gaters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Motox92 said:

I’m sorry but how you can still blame the track is beyond me it was watered regularly. It’s a hot and windy day with the sun beating down on it. And the dirt on the outside line is no joke about 6 Inches deeps. So how you can say it’s the track is a joke the Glasgow team seemed to like it the track was prepped to how the Sheffield riders wanted it. so I think we need to stop making excuses of it being the track now it’s getting abit Of a joke. Not exactly a bad meeting but if it’s not a win we are on the band wagon again of blaming the track. 

Rant over

I'm sorry but the meeting was dreadful. Ignoring the result it really was a completely dull meeting with little to no passing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

I'm sorry but the meeting was dreadful. Ignoring the result it really was a completely dull meeting with little to no passing.

And that is not track preps fault I’m sorry but you can give riders the best track in the world but if they don’t race on it it’s not the tracks fault so think we need to get this track problem thing put aside track was no different to brum meeting but oh wait you won that meeting so no complaints what a joke 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Motox92 said:

I’m sorry but how you can still blame the track is beyond me it was watered regularly. It’s a hot and windy day with the sun beating down on it. And the dirt on the outside line is no joke about 6 Inches deeps. So how you can say it’s the track is a joke the Glasgow team seemed to like it the track was prepped to how the Sheffield riders wanted it. so I think we need to stop making excuses of it being the track now it’s getting abit Of a joke. Not exactly a bad meeting but if it’s not a win we are on the band wagon again of blaming the track. 

Rant over

So you are happy with gate and go racing and only passing when a rider goes off the inside line or makes a mistake.

the track is not an excuse for losing, it is a reason for being bored

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bewley was just a name Ive thrown out there.Kemp and Kennedy are the bright lights so far ,the other 5 can do better than they are at the moment.I don't think this promotion will remain patient for much longer after last  season and the hard work they put in through the winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Third Man said:

So you are happy with gate and go racing and only passing when a rider goes off the inside line or makes a mistake.

the track is not an excuse for losing, it is a reason for being bored

If memory serves me correctly, he's on the track staff so his view might just be a tad biased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheffield used to be a brilliant track as did kings lynn but both seem to be a shadows of their former glories.  

I think the bikes are now going flat out and the older tracks are too narrow with the greater speeds 

Belle Vue has proved on the right shape and size brilliant racing can be produced but unfortunately all of the old stadiums have size constraints. Somerset and Scunthorpe are both brilliant tracks built in wide open spaces. Won’t mention Leicester 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

If memory serves me correctly, he's on the track staff so his view might just be a tad biased.

I’m a complete neutral here thank you very much there is a lot of effort that goes in to make you fans happy and give you good racing how about then after next weeks meeting  you meet me after the meeting and I will personally give you a track walk and show you every inch of the track and show that there is nothing wrong with it ? That a deal ? 

Edited by Motox92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Motox92 said:

I’m a complete neutral here thank you very much there is a lot of effort that goes in the make you fans happy and give you good racing how about then after next weeks meet you meet me after the meeting and I will personally give you a track walk and show you every inch of the track and show that there is nothing wrong with it ? That a deal ? 

I went to Stoke today, and won't be going back to Sheffield for several weeks (mid July, I believe).

Had the meeting against Leicester been half decent, I might have come back sooner. It wasn't. 10 races of gate and go followed by 5 getting covered in dust.

As a good friend (who was there today) said, why would you go to Sheffield when you can go to Belle Vue or Scunthorpe instead ? 

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed the meeting today 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spin king junior said:

Mate. You're doing yourself no favours with that sort of attitude. There's not a single Sheffield fan on this forum that doesn't want this club to succeed. There's a lot of us who have been fans for life and supported through thick and thin. I've followed this club since I was 8 and I bloody love Sheffield speedway.

 

And I'm more than sure everyone can appreciate what's being done behind the scenes. Marketing wise, the Bates' have brought the club to another level. The club is run incredibly well and the whole experience is world's apart from what other clubs offer. But the product isn't good, the racing hasn't been there great for a while now and with the move to Sundays, it's only seemed to have gotten worse. I'm not gonna even pretend I understand anything about what you guys do, I'm not gonna pretend like I know what the answer is and I'm sure 99% of the people on this forum don't understand a lick about track prep. All I know is the racing is rubbish and that's what I personally show up for- racing and to support Sheffield. We're all fans here and we only want what's best for the club. But we are the paying public as well, and ultimately if the product isn't good enough, then people aren't going to pay their money to go. End of.

 

Superb post that sums it up for many, I suspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Mate. You're doing yourself no favours with that sort of attitude. There's not a single Sheffield fan on this forum that doesn't want this club to succeed. There's a lot of us who have been fans for life and supported through thick and thin. I've followed this club since I was 8 and I bloody love Sheffield speedway.

 

And I'm more than sure everyone can appreciate what's being done behind the scenes. Marketing wise, the Bates' have brought the club to another level. The club is run incredibly well and the whole experience is world's apart from what other clubs offer. But the product isn't good, the racing hasn't been there great for a while now and with the move to Sundays, it's only seemed to have gotten worse. I'm not gonna even pretend I understand anything about what you guys do, I'm not gonna pretend like I know what the answer is and I'm sure 99% of the people on this forum don't understand a lick about track prep. All I know is the racing is rubbish and that's what I personally show up for- racing and to support Sheffield. We're all fans here and we only want what's best for the club. But we are the paying public as well, and ultimately if the product isn't good enough, then people aren't going to pay their money to go. End of.

 

Excellent post sums up the situation at a number of tracks IMO.Entertainment factor is dropping all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy