Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Birmingham CL 12/7/19 @19-30

Recommended Posts

Been reported on other threads that Birmingham will be without Adam Ellis and will be forced to use a NL guest . Obviously the North German best pairs or whatever other nonsense on the continent takes preference , but it kinda short changes the paying public over here . 

Don't know what other riders make up the Brummies side as Arnio is injured,  but it looks very like a bit of a very one sided encounter .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Riss also missing for Redcar tomorrow, NL guest there also. The question needs to be asked, should teams be allowed to sign riders if they are unable to fulfill every fixture? NL guests at heat leader damages the sport. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TRNSMT is on Friday night as well, so in and around Glasgow might be a wee bit busier than normal!
Can't see anything other than a Tigers win, and would be good to see Connor get a few more pts at home :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paulco said:

Been reported on other threads that Birmingham will be without Adam Ellis and will be forced to use a NL guest . Obviously the North German best pairs or whatever other nonsense on the continent takes preference , but it kinda short changes the paying public over here . 

Don't know what other riders make up the Brummies side as Arnio is injured,  but it looks very like a bit of a very one sided encounter .

Sounds like it'll be Doolan guesting for Ashley Morris at 4 so Birmingham will be something like:

1. NL Guest  2. Agertoft  3. Castagna  4. Doolan  5. Aarnio r/r  6. Hume  7. Shanes

Not going to be a classic by any means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MD said:

Sounds like it'll be Doolan guesting for Ashley Morris at 4 so Birmingham will be something like:

1. NL Guest  2. Agertoft  3. Castagna  4. Doolan  5. Aarnio r/r  6. Hume  7. Shanes

Not going to be a classic by any means.

Pretty pathetic to say the least.......ridiculous that meetings like this are allowed to take precedence over league commitments. Too many riders riding for different teams, countries and other competitions. Just another nail in British speedway's coffin. Wonder how many folk won't turn up on Friday through lack of interest?......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this meeting is not going to help balance the books in Glasgows favour 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes not ideal, especially when they are already depleted. 

 

Fairly limited guest options for Bickley as well with a few Championship teams racing in addition to the U21 event. I suspect if may be Connor Coles or Jack Smith. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Yes not ideal, especially when they are already depleted. 

 

Fairly limited guest options for Bickley as well with a few Championship teams racing in addition to the U21 event. I suspect if may be Connor Coles or Jack Smith. 

Connor Coles has signed for Edinburgh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Yes not ideal, especially when they are already depleted. 

 

Fairly limited guest options for Bickley as well with a few Championship teams racing in addition to the U21 event. I suspect if may be Connor Coles or Jack Smith. 

Dont think Jack Smith can guest now he is unattached to a CL or NL team. Going to be a challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MD said:

Dont think Jack Smith can guest now he is unattached to a CL or NL team. Going to be a challenge.

He still has Cradley in the NL i thought? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doolan would be #5, I'd think, leaving r/r at #4?    Matt Marson will be #1.

Glasgow will indeed use Jack Smith at #7 for Kyle Bickley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We could use Roary at reserve for all the difference it should make in this meeting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GLASGOW: Craig Cook, James Sarjeant, Claus Vissing, Paul Starke, Rasmus Jensen, Connor Bailey, Jack Smith.
BIRMINGHAM: Matt Marson, Paco Castagna, Nick Agertoft, Ashley Morris R/R, Kevin Doolan, Danyon Hume, James Shanes.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paulco said:

We could use Roary at reserve for all the difference it should make in this meeting 

You won’t him to get an average,they are protecting him :Dfor next season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy