British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

Eastie v sheffield sat 31

Weather looks ok, eastbourne look a bit weak at reserve due to a few issues. Sheffield need a win badly to try and snook in top 4.

Nicol will score a boatload at reserve if hes fit but i dont like sheffields middle order at all round arlo

Still think lawson and co can get it done 48-42 

It's not just an away win we need its a 4 pointer we need to keep play offs alive . Can't see it happening but you never know.We need to get off to a good start too.Good luck Tigers 

Before he was injured I'd have said he'd have scored a boatload, but Broc is coming back after quite a lay off and as far as I know this will be his first competitive meeting since that injury, so I don't expect him to be pushing for 21 points. I do hope he does score heavily, but I don't expect it to be a close affair looking at how the other six have ridden technical tracks this season. However I do live in hope of the unexpected!

Firstly hope howarth is ok after a bad crash.

Secondly the authorities should be bloody ashamed to make a side use a nl 2 nd string , the lad is a promising rider  but hes not going to learn a jot from matches like that , getting beat 100 yds every race.

Sheffield had to win but somehow they just frittered points away here and there.

Eastbourne have to sort the reserve spot out by next wk or they are stuffed completely

Best ive seen kyle newman all season tonight, tried his socks off

• Like 1

Have to say a really enjoyable close meeting which really was there for the taking by the Tigers but as mentioned points thrown away needlessly by riders when in a scoring position with the opponent never near enough to make a challenge.3 falls,one by zaine and two by josh.also maybe Simon missed a trick by not being able to use broc in heat 15.anyway it is what it is and a good effort nonetheless.hope Kyle is o.k but now fear his season is over.he was do unlucky to have reared and lost control like he did.and all this after putting in 2very good rides.onwards and upwards now for next season.

The match was there for the taking for Sheffield. Far too many thrown away points enabled the Eagles to get out of jail. An entertaining meeting for me as a neutral.

2 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Firstly hope howarth is ok after a bad crash.

Secondly the authorities should be bloody ashamed to make a side use a nl 2 nd string , the lad is a promising rider  but hes not going to learn a jot from matches like that , getting beat 100 yds every race.

Sheffield had to win but somehow they just frittered points away here and there.

Eastbourne have to sort the reserve spot out by next wk or they are stuffed completely

Best ive seen kyle newman all season tonight, tried his socks off

reading the press releases from eastbourne the authorities should be more ashamed they have refused Eagles permission to use a bloody good reserve in Danyon Hume who wants to ride for them. No doubt if he was some johnny foreigner no one had heard of he'd be fine.

more ashamed should be Georgie Wood who gets himself another ban for being totally unprofessional for the IOW and letting them and Eastbourne down. 

• Like 2

Guest Loose Diamond
11 hours ago, Moranboys said:

Have to say a really enjoyable close meeting which really was there for the taking by the Tigers but as mentioned points thrown away needlessly by riders when in a scoring position with the opponent never near enough to make a challenge.3 falls,one by zaine and two by josh.also maybe Simon missed a trick by not being able to use broc in heat 15.anyway it is what it is and a good effort nonetheless.hope Kyle is o.k but now fear his season is over.he was do unlucky to have reared and lost control like he did.and all this after putting in 2very good rides.onwards and upwards now for next season.

Extremely fortunate to be able to have Nicol at reserve. Don't know what his actual average is but after some of his early season scores very surprised if it is under 6.

GWC Obviously i agree with your post ,,And Eastbourne now have to live with that poor decision,,that has made the side weak at home .. Wood has proved totally unreliable,, and Bowtell was an accident waiting to happen,,,On the other hand young Edwards needs the experience this season for next year .good move ..they just dropped the wrong rider ..,<>and i know some will say,,Well you would say that would,nt you>

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Extremely fortunate to be able to have Nicol at reserve. Don't know what his actual average is but after some of his early season scores very surprised if it is under 6.

It is 4.34.       Less than Connor Mountain and Coty Garcia, who are reserves elsewhere.

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

It is 4.34.       Less than Connor Mountain and Coty Garcia, who are reserves elsewhere.

Ok 

On 9/1/2019 at 10:45 AM, Loose Diamond said:

Most of his early season scores were very poor, infact he didn't have a decent score until towards the end of May when he started to hit some form, which was mainly when he was guesting for other teams.