British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

2 hours ago, John Scrutton said:

Why are the Speedway Promotions blamed for bad toilet and other things when most of the stadiums are rented  from other owners. mostly Greyhound premoters

Blamed? No but rightly flagged up as an issue that needs to be solved by stadium owners and their tenants 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep this season has been even better than two years ago, much less gung ho and tighter at the back but sublime going forward. Recruitment has been spot on and absolutely has to be the same in the summer as last time in the PL the signings were poor. 

Apologies to all you football haters but this is special times to be a Narwich fan.

Recruitment was poor last time around.  I think the club said they had made the Premiership a year ahead of when they ideally wanted to be there and the finances weren’t in place to spend on the squad.  Plus there were a lot of young uns who weren’t quite ready ( Lewis, Godfrey, Arrons, Cantwell to name a few).  This time I think they will make more of a fist of it.  The real big issue is how many of the players they need can they keep hold off.  That’s the big challenge.

As for Speedway, I so want to fall back in love with it, but they don’t make it easy.  Maybe a strong start to the season will rekindle the interest enough to give it a look.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 12:07 PM, semion said:

As for Speedway, I so want to fall back in love with it, but they don’t make it easy.  Maybe a strong start to the season will rekindle the interest enough to give it a look.

Perhaps next year......:P

• Haha 1

On 4/14/2021 at 12:07 PM, semion said:

Apologies to all you football haters but this is special times to be a Narwich fan.

Recruitment was poor last time around.  I think the club said they had made the Premiership a year ahead of when they ideally wanted to be there and the finances weren’t in place to spend on the squad.  Plus there were a lot of young uns who weren’t quite ready ( Lewis, Godfrey, Arrons, Cantwell to name a few).  This time I think they will make more of a fist of it.  The real big issue is how many of the players they need can they keep hold off.  That’s the big challenge.

Come and watch these guys,  the press conferences, when we get back to them, reveal loads, the riders are put on the spot, they don't shy away,  there is a chance to ask questions of them, great interaction ....... 

There was some really good racing on Monday imo, no holding back .......

Just read about travel restrictions to Germany. Anyone know if that's gonna impact Erik? Right royal pain if it does as r/r certainly won't do us any favours

On 5/22/2021 at 11:16 AM, kelvinht said:

Just read about travel restrictions to Germany. Anyone know if that's gonna impact Erik? Right royal pain if it does as r/r certainly won't do us any favours

Erik should have no problems .

On 5/22/2021 at 11:16 AM, kelvinht said:

He's racing in our two leagues mainly isn't he?

With the Stars making two changes to the team already, I wonder if Ty Proctor is looking over his shoulder? With scores of 3 and 2 in the first couple of home matches, he at least managed 6 points at Ipswich, although that was from seven rides and included three last places. I hope for his sake Ty can up his game quickly otherwise I have the feeling he will be the next rider for the axe.

2 minutes ago, Bunce said:

With the Stars making two changes to the team already, I wonder if Ty Proctor is looking over his shoulder? With scores of 3 and 2 in the first couple of home matches, he at least managed 6 points at Ipswich, although that was from seven rides and included three last places. I hope for his sake Ty can up his game quickly otherwise I have the feeling he will be the next rider for the axe.

I’m not so sure Bridger looks more at threat .

8 minutes ago, Haza said:

I’m not so sure Bridger looks more at threat .

Based on what? 

Bridger only just making a comeback, would prefer him at reserve over Proctor personally 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bunce said:

Machinery seems underpowered. He needs to get sorted quick. Aaron summers in proctor out

Edited by rearingtogo

At the moment I’m not sure who should be replaced ,Proctor or Bridger but whoever goes their replacement has got to have an average good enough to keep either Proctor or Bridger at reserve for the rest of the season.

• Like 1