British Speedway Forum
enotian

Who are the Rising Stars?

Wonder what rising star has been told he’s going to Edinburgh.That’s enough for him to hang up his leathers:D:P

6 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Wonder what rising star has been told he’s going to Edinburgh.That’s enough for him to hang up his leathers:D:P

The journey or the track :wink:

• Haha 2

Don't think he's missed the point at all.

This scheme is introduced for 2021 but main implementation for 2022.

Some Clubs with riders like Bailey; Edwards ; Flint; Gilkes ; Jenkins; Palin; Thomas; Thompson etc had a young British No 7 selected and CONFIRMED for 2020.

Why on earth would you move those out or change them, or un-confirm someone already confirmed? 

Some Clubs have more than one off the scheme but in 2021 the only issue is No 7, so why would those with a couple have to give up one when there are dozens to choose from?

The questions are more about 2022.

• Like 2

On 25/01/2021 at 10:46 AM, Fromafar said:

Agree.Nothing’s simple in British Speedway though.Self Interest always wins.

This * system is just madness ( my opinion ) what's wrong with the old style system ( 2nd half races )  where there could be 3 races & riders day based in the south etc could go to kent Poole etc have rides & are told that if they want to be in the team next week & then the rider could accept or decline & that's less pressure on the rider to perform to ( & that could be the top 2 riders in the 2nd half ) wonder if would work.... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Najjer said:

You’ve missed the point - if the list isn’t confirmed and it’s still being worked as has been said on this thread, surely that needs to be finalised before riders can confirmed?

Orrrrrrr maybe the list is confirmed and sorted and is just being kept a big secret until the mere minions that follow the sport need to know?

No the point is that certain teams namely Eastbourne and Glasgow insisted that teams were ever possible should remain the same so the starting point  was that . So with Eastbourne having a 3 and 4 star riders already in for 2020 they could remain for 2021 .Newcastle and Redcar had to make changes anyway because of riders not coming back Riss was known well before the announcement the two foreigners at Newcastle had said weeks before so not in the equation for team changes under rising star programme. As previously said poole had to change due to 2 Aussie riders at reserve and Edinburgh because of not having a British rider who met the criteria. I don't understand why people are concerned about 2021 as it is just an expansion of 2020. Let's see what 2022 brings .

the list is finalised for this year as teams were picked 20 months ago

ps all promoters vote for this not just the directors :t:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

No the point is that certain teams namely Eastbourne and Glasgow insisted that teams were ever possible should remain the same so the starting point  was that . So with Eastbourne having a 3 and 4 star riders already in for 2020 they could remain for 2021 .Newcastle and Redcar had to make changes anyway because of riders not coming back Riss was known well before the announcement the two foreigners at Newcastle had said weeks before so not in the equation for team changes under rising star programme. As previously said poole had to change due to 2 Aussie riders at reserve and Edinburgh because of not having a British rider who met the criteria. I don't understand why people are concerned about 2021 as it is just an expansion of 2020. Let's see what 2022 brings .

50p says 5 year plan torn up and brushed under the carpet. Until then im hope all riders enjoy the "equal set points money":rofl:.

It is lovely to see the optimism of some though i would love to hear the thoughts of Mr Harrison in 4 years time when his boy has been treated like dirt by multiple promotions.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

50p says 5 year plan torn up and brushed under the carpet. Until then im hope all riders enjoy the "equal set points money":rofl:.

It is lovely to see the optimism of some though i would love to hear the thoughts of Mr Harrison in 4 years time when his boy has been treated like dirt by multiple promotions.

only time will tell  I,m under no illusions as to what could happen at least I,m safe in the knowledge that we wont have to go to edinburgh or plymouth . until riders accept that the lower levels of speedway in the uk are a paid hobby  we will continue to struggle. Also riders do not have to accept the equal set money deals they can if the decide to drop out of the scheme and do there own deals

and in fairness as you will see from my posts i say it as i see it so if its crap i will say so

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

only time will tell  I,m under no illusions as to what could happen at least I,m safe in the knowledge that we wont have to go to edinburgh or plymouth . until riders accept that the lower levels of speedway in the uk are a paid hobby  we will continue to struggle. Also riders do not have to accept the equal set money deals they can if the decide to drop out of the scheme and do there own deals

and in fairness as you will see from my posts i say it as i see it so if its crap i will say so

No Edinburgh or Plymouth? Are these teams dropping out of the Championship or are your plans to bypass the NDL? (if there is one left). 

As for the set money deals it wasn't so much as accepting them as the fact that nobody will stick to it, with the last draft system and the £40 limit riders at some teams were getting double that plus big sponsor deals whilst a few stuck to it and saw their draft picks struggle. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

The journey or the track :wink:

In some cases probably both.

This is not a criticism of the Promotion who do a fine job.It just fact that most modern day speedway youngsters don’t have the technical skills required to ride Armadale correctly.Even experienced riders have difficulty with modern day machinery.

• Like 3

Just noticed that Connor Bailey has a 3 star rating, is this due to him being considered a good future star above several riders with 2 stars who have been around a long time?

Seems like several riders like Jamie Halder and a few others don't appear on the list. Any particular reasons?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

ps all promoters vote for this not just the directors 

Don't think that's correct Phil... ask ya man... not so much as a vote but rather a "here you go"

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Also riders do not have to accept the equal set money deals they can if the decide to drop out of the scheme and do there own deals

So to expand on what S4S states above... all a club has to do is say to one of these kids drop out of the draft system as we want you and will pay you double the rate and a big sign on fee to join us and where does that leave the club who has the first draft pick and wanted said "Rising Star" a system is only as fair as the "cheating bar stewards" who are in the programme allow it to be...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So to expand on what S4S states above... all a club has to do is say to one of these kids drop out of the draft system as we want you and will pay you double the rate and a big sign on fee to join us and where does that leave the club who has the first draft pick and wanted said "Rising Star" a system is only as fair as the "cheating bar stewards" who are in the programme allow it to be...

Regards 

THJ 

interpretation of what's been said here is that would not be a problem.

Problem would be the kid could not ride at 6 or 7 s would have to be on Rising Star Programme but would have to ride in top 5?

May be I've misunderstood but that's my interpretation

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Your point about promoters votes is not true. The mafia re instated the no votes for new promoters for 3 years at the 2018/19 AGM so that’s Berwick, Birmingham, Redcar , Newcastle , and now Poole and probably Plymouth. That’s half the division !

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Your point about promoters votes is not true. The mafia re instated the no votes for new promoters for 3 years at the 2018/19 AGM so that’s Berwick, Birmingham, Redcar , Newcastle , and now Poole and probably Plymouth. That’s half the division !

And half of the other half are Directors !

• Like 1