British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ipswich 05/07/21

52 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I’d personally like to see the club bite the bullet and tinker with the side again. Crump was making a decent fist of it before his crash, but 8 broken ribs isn’t easy or quick to come back from especially at his age.  

With restrictions easing maybe a few that didn’t want to come over at the start of the season, could now be persuaded? The season is dead already from an Ipswich perspective, so try out another couple of riders with next year in mind. 

The likes of Rowe and Starke have been real plus points, try and find a couple more. 

I agree with you, I would like to see the number one position sorted but I don't think that is going to happen mainly because of your other point the season is all but over. So I don't think they will spend but just wait on Jason. For Thursday let's hope they got Richard Lawson. Paul and Anders are doing excellent just hope Jake can up his game . I think Cookie is getting better with every meeting and hope he can hit the form around Foxhall we no he is capable of.

1 hour ago, keepturningleft said:

I have have only been to Kings Lynn once back in the 80's, but I am confused by the grilling which appears to encircle the track.  Do you really have to watch the action peering through little square holes?

Glad you put the 'r' in....:o :D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, keepturningleft said:

I have have only been to Kings Lynn once back in the 80's, but I am confused by the grilling which appears to encircle the track.  Do you really have to watch the action peering through little square holes?

Yes it’s for safety reason for stock cars .

2 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

I remember several years ago before the prison fence was erected a big crash on the second bend, where a bike hit the fence with such an impact it cleared the fence and landed several rows up on the terraces! The spectators parted like the biblical parting of the Red Sea, and fortunately nobody was hit by the bike. I think it might have involved Darren Mallet, but can't be sure?

44 minutes ago, Bunce said:

I remember several years ago before the prison fence was erected a big crash on the second bend, where a bike hit the fence with such an impact it cleared the fence and landed several rows up on the terraces! The spectators parted like the biblical parting of the Red Sea, and fortunately nobody was hit by the bike. I think it might have involved Darren Mallet, but can't be sure?

A bike has come over since then too and was caught by the fence. It isnt that bad to look through

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

And 18 clubs put £20k in each to give it a big prize fund to advertise...

They haven't got the money?

£20k over even a small 20 league match per team season is just £1k less spent per night than they currently spend which when divided up between 14 riders is 'peanuts'. (A smidge over £71 each per night)..

I am sure these lads would lose "just a few quid'' each meeting to race several times in qualifiers, earning a few quid each night, with the opportunity to qualify for a cut of a £360k prize pot. (Maybe two semis @£90k and a £180k final?)..

Every track could advertise the £360k as the grand prize when they have their own rounds (even though the money that night will be much smaller, it's never a bad thing to use some hype), and the overall beauty of it is that they are paying this amount of money out now but without any publicity or positive impact to crowd levels..

Who knows? The more savvy promoters might actually promote the event properly, get a big crowd, and use it to advertise and push their own team racing at the same time..

Ah I thought I saw a dead horse waiting to be flogged - and there it is!:nono:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

At least it's a fresh idea, we need those because what we have now isn't working and will eventually shrivel up into almost nothing. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Of course they could carry on doing the same thing, paying out literally hundreds of thousands, and more, each season, to deliver poor, and ever dwindling crowds, as well as securing  zero wider mainstream publicity for the sport.....

A great return for a huge collective annual investment isn't it?  :D

4 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

That's a pathetic mantra often trotted out

That's like saying eat at a restaurant serving sliced dog sh!te or you will regret it when it closes

well if you go to a restaurant that serves sliced dog rubbishe it speaks volume for your choice of entertainment :rofl:

5 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Having only 6 teams in the top division...doesn't really matter if Ipswich were to get 5000 fans, wouldnt make much difference to the grand scheme of things.  If British speedway was a pet it would be put out of its misery soon. 

it would watching speedway there :rofl:

4 hours ago, therefused said:

Dont worry, dont expect any form of rational thought from GAH. 

oh very droll just support your club befroe its gone :nono:

Can't fathom why KL haven't signed Joshie Pickering at Edinburgh.

Absolute entertainer plus more points than some of the dross in the KL team.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

Can't fathom why KL haven't signed Joshie Pickering at Edinburgh.

Absolute entertainer plus more points than some of the dross in the KL team.

Wrong kind of Visa so rumour has it.

• Like 1

Well thats Schroeck gone. Anyone heard any Whispers as to who will we get?

Edited by Bald Bloke

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Well thats Schroeck gone. Anyone heard any Whispers as to who will we get?

If Allitt has any say it will be Scott Campos :D  although i suspect he is clever enough to turn it down.  Makes no matter who it is if Wells and Heeps keep being embarrassing to themselves and the club. Its fortunate for all involved that Lawson & TJ are having a good season otherwise there would be no resistance at all.