British Speedway Forum

14 hours ago, mike1944 said:

Eurosport do really like speedway as they are showing highlights of the Individual Championships from Belle Vue as apart from the repeats they have already shown since Saturday, Sky Q has shown me these are the others repeats for the following 7 days. So in case you missed the programme and the highlights that they have already shown folks, there are highlights at the following times

Tomorrow  6pm -- Eurosport 2

Friday  10.30 am --  Eurosport 2

3 pm -- Eurosport 2

Sunday 6.30 am -- Eurosport 2

6.00 pm -- Eurosport 2

Monday 2.00 am Eurosport 2

3.00 am -- Eurosport 1

7 am --  Eurosport 1     

6 pm  -- Eurosport 2

11.00 pm -- Eurosport 2

Tuesday 11 am -- Eurosport 2

6 pm -- Eurosport 2

August 25 1 am -- Eurosport 1

2 am ---  Eurosport 2

8.30 am -- Eurosport 2

and no doubt more to come after that, as my epg will only tell me 7 days ahead

Be good to see some live matches instead of repeat after repeat

I find my planner inundated with these, I was under the impression the reason for having the roving reporter at the other tracks was so these programmes could show highlights from the other meetings taking place that day. 

Haven't seen any evidence of that so far! 

After all the build-up pre-season about new in-depth and insightful coverage from Eurosport it's just exactly the same as it was last year on BT, both in terms of the production and meetings covered. 

Even the barely readable (often incorrect) on-screen graphics and shoddy camerawork/direction is exactly the same. I have no complaints about the presenting team but you just get the impression that the production company have no clue how to broadcast a speedway race.

Edited by DanielC
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, DanielC said:

After all the build-up pre-season about new in-depth and insightful coverage from Eurosport it's just exactly the same as it was last year on BT, both in terms of the production and meetings covered. 

Even the barely readable (often incorrect) on-screen graphics and shoddy camerawork/direction is exactly the same. I have no complaints about the presenting team but you just get the impression that the production company have no clue how to broadcast a speedway race.

Eurosport just as amateurish as they ALWAYS have been... who would of thunk it?

• Like 1

Why the hell aren't they showing Panthers v Wolves..top of the table clash on Monday!?...very disappointed with their lack of coverage this year tbh..

Edited by chrismorton
  • Like 1

It would be interesting to know what's actually happened for Eurosport to more or less stop showing the speedway. Not sure how many they have shown so far.,, but I don't think it's anywhere near as many as they were going to.   Maybe something has happened behind the scenes and eurosport have said sod you lot 

They should be sued for failing to deliver on what I presume would have been an agreed contract

10 hours ago, Baldyman said:

It would be interesting to know what's actually happened for Eurosport to more or less stop showing the speedway. Not sure how many they have shown so far.,, but I don't think it's anywhere near as many as they were going to.   Maybe something has happened behind the scenes and eurosport have said sod you lot 

Probably realised a few weeks in that with only six teams any weekly coverage would mean the same ones appearing over and over again..

With the four play off teams then getting shown even more so..

And if wouldnt be beyond the realms of fantasy to suggest that showing the six teams ad Infinitum would considerably have impacted attendances at these tracks to quite a devastating level, as when on TV the crowds seem to dwindle significantly..

And with Monday also being a "fixed night" the crowds at other tracks could be impacted too as those many Speedway fans who attend, but dont really care who wins any UK League match, but do love watching the racing, stay in and watch the TV offering available, rather than attend their own local track..

Maybe it's been a good thing overall having so few matches, and has protected crowd levels somewhat..?

Edited by mikebv

11 hours ago, Baldyman said:

i think you will find it was 18 meetings they were showing 

7 minutes ago, ray c said:

i think you will find it was 18 meetings they were showing 

With the Britsh final counting i would think so far it`s around 8 they have shown. They can only show a max of 6 in the play offs- so they have a little way to go yet.

On 8/19/2021 at 7:51 PM, DanielC said:

I thought BT were far better than Eurosport, and I agree with what you say in your second paragraph.

There's certainly been a lack of live televised meetings this year, but then when you get meetings called off because riders don' want to make an attempt to ride, then they must be wondering why they took the sport on anyway.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, chrismorton said:

Why the hell aren't they showing Panthers v Wolves..top of the table clash on Monday!?...very disappointed with their lack of coverage this year tbh..

I bet BT Sport would have grabbed that with both hands.

13 hours ago, chrismorton said:

39 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

I bet BT Sport would have grabbed that with both hands.

Perhaps it is access to the showground to make the necessary set up that is the problem

It's well known the issues Boro have with availability and restrictions of use

Just speculating in the absence of any other explanation......

• Like 1

Grand total they are showing is 17( the rain off at Belle Vue where large costs were incurred is not replaced) They have shown 7 so far another 4 between August 30th and September 20th will be shown and the 6 play offs making 17 in total.

• Like 1