British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Okay, so if he is doing the Poland under 24 thing which is Tues, Sat and Sun, how is he doing away meetings for Glasgow against teams that ride on that night? Who has priority UK or Poland? Or is that a stupid question?! 

Probably a stupid question.

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Okay, so if he is doing the Poland under 24 thing which is Tues, Sat and Sun, how is he doing away meetings for Glasgow against teams that ride on that night? Who has priority UK or Poland? Or is that a stupid question?! 

Who are you talking about?

7 minutes ago, therefused said:

Pleased we don’t have to put up with shovlars sh*te over on the premiership part of the forum anymore, what a total moron

As Arnie said in the terminator we will be back :t::)

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Basso I reckon.

Yeah, two people have said they think he is doing the Poland U24 thing, I was just wondering how it works if there is a fixture clash. 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah, two people have said they think he is doing the Poland U24 thing, I was just wondering how it works if there is a fixture clash. 

Can’t see Glasgow signing him if he is going to be missing matches.Not worth the bother.IMO.

• Like 2

If our friend Lord Ford has been screwed over then bloody good job, he's done it enough to others in the past. 

FWIW the press release sounds like a toys-out-of-the-pram load of cobblers to appease the regulars, although I expect we'll never know the truth.

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, therefused said:

Pleased we don’t have to put up with shovlars sh*te over on the premiership part of the forum anymore, what a total moron

Surprised that Pirateshi* hasn’t had something to say about matters. Waiting for a post with a jolly imoji that no one else finds funny.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

If our friend Lord Ford has been screwed over then bloody good job, he's done it enough to others in the past. 

FWIW the press release sounds like a toys-out-of-the-pram load of cobblers to appease the regulars, although I expect we'll never know the truth.

Rather Matt than Buster tbh! A KL fan going on about toys out of the pram is a bit ironic! :D;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, therefused said:

Attack the post not the poster!

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Rather Matt than Buster tbh! A KL fan going on about toys out of the pram is a bit ironic! :D;)

In my opinion this is all just for the fans, Basso said himself that riding for Poole next season was complicated, he is hardly going to drop his Danish team to ride for Poole. The Ford's knew that he was very unlikely to be able to ride for us on a Wednesday, probably just annoyed they can't get a loan fee as he hasn't done enough meetings to be an asset. It is most likely that the team plans haven't involved Basso for a while and he was signed by Glasgow weeks ago.The problem was that the fans took him to their hearts so they had to release a statement telling fans how hard they had tried to keep him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not sure why Poole are surprised… riders always use smaller clubs as a stepping stone in there progression, thats all Basso has done here and now hes moved to a much better run club.. when you add in how much the new MX bike he would of needed for the Poole track it all makes sense 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

As of yet, Basso hasn’t signed for any club to compete in the U24 league and we are now outside of the transfer window.

Even if he was going to be riding, Poland operate large squads so would anticipate they have plenty of cover for such a scenario.

• Thanks 1

Nice bit of off season publicity opportunism by the Ford duo….. sure will get some column inches in the local papers and the speedway press. 
personally doubt Basho was ever planned to ride for poole in 2022 with so many fixture clashes . Wonder what piece of publicity the Model T’s will invent for the new year?