British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Plymouth v Poole KO Cup 1st leg 5/4/22

7 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

They will batter your mob as will we just wait and see:

I have no doubt about that we are set up to win at home away meetings don't seem high on our agenda :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Agree,but always manages to find a Club.

Yeah coz he puts people on the terraces !! He's 1 rider who has imo been great to watch when he's on song & well worth the money to watch but his other antics off track  let down big time

Edited by Justgotmecpc
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Didn’t attend or see the stream. In all my years of following the sport I can’t recall the home team heat leaders not gaining a single heat win between them. Don’t care who the opposition were, bottoms need to be kicked.

A bit harsh after the first meeting with the top three making their home debuts against a strong side.

Agree about Barker, he's not dirty. Skidder has held some kind of weird grudge for some time, probably since the Ward/Morris/Barker/young lady thing.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

A bit harsh after the first meeting with the top three making their home debuts against a strong side.

Agree about Barker, he's not dirty. Skidder has held some kind of weird grudge for some time, probably since the Ward/Morris/Barker/young lady thing.

Nail hit firmly on the head. 

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You mean when Ben spilt the beans on them?? 

Be interesting if Kennett returns quickly. He started last season very badly but got back in the swing eventually. 

Hans and MPT probably need to give Bjarne a call about bike set up there. 

Poole will be top 3 as I predicted but still think Glasgow and Leicester are considerably stronger all round. 

33 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Long term plan. No rider to replace retired Eddy. Come and do one meeting drop it, and we can have a facility for ages. Rider shortage sorted.

Not be the first time it’s happened :(

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

And to think Lewy mocked scunny and Plymouth get smashed at home :rofl:

Poor effort and trying to get a bite:t:

1 hour ago, Teromaafan said:

Didn’t attend or see the stream. In all my years of following the sport I can’t recall the home team heat leaders not gaining a single heat win between them. Don’t care who the opposition were, bottoms need to be kicked.

Do you think the Plymouth fans were happier to see Andersen team riding Atkins home in ht4 and keeping King behind  ,than clear off into the distance and King pick the youngster off .

Good performance from the Peterborough number 8 Dan Gilkes doesn't look like he will let the Panthers down if he gets his chance .

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Do you think the Plymouth fans were happier to see Andersen team riding Atkins home in ht4 and keeping King behind  ,than clear off into the distance and King pick the youngster off .

Good performance from the Peterborough number 8 Dan Gilkes doesn't look like he will let the Panthers down if he gets his chance .

Totally agree, a paid win is just as good as a heat win, or better still, as it means you've gained a 5-1!

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Woooooohoooo! Great comeback win! Lawson unbeaten and real class.  Gilkes was a star. Downside is he won’t be at reserve for long riding like that. Good entertaining meeting due to close score. Stream was excellent. Well done to all.

Well as cup matches don't count for averages, Gilkes could still be at reserve for May!

9 hours ago, sugarray said:

Guest surely

Harris, Lawson or Ellis on Friday at Redcar? :unsure:

Edited by Bear_Bottom

Last nights result was what I expected, all the Gladiators will improve with the exception of Gilks who was outstanding.

I think Ben Barker was unlucky to be excluded in his tussle with Richard Lawson from my view Ben was in front when Lawson went down! Predictable refereeing decision based on reputation rather than the facts. 

Also the Referee's very odd decision to order track watering after heat 13? what was that based on or influenced by whom!  

12 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Last nights result was what I expected, all the Gladiators will improve with the exception of Gilks who was outstanding.

I think Ben Barker was unlucky to be excluded in his tussle with Richard Lawson from my view Ben was in front when Lawson went down! Predictable refereeing decision based on reputation rather than the facts. 

Also the Referee's very odd decision to order track watering after heat 13? what was that based on or influenced by whom!  

Well not influenced by Poole as Middlo was moaning about it! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Well something upset Lawson, enough to see what happens this evening - if the weather allows?

As for the other comment, no grudge from me as I'm not an Aussie!!:t::o

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Barker was out of control causing Lawson to fall. An easy and correct decision. What was far more surprising was allowing Atkins back when it was obvious to all he got into difficulties and fell on his own. Luckily there was no advantage gained in the rerun.

As for the track watering, Middlo was far from happy and said it made the track dangerous.