British Speedway Forum
screm

Berwick v Glasgow Jubilee Cup 30/07/2022

I guess Basso not going to use Ryanair again? Or is it a favourite airline for riders to use? 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

I guess Basso not going to use Ryanair again? Or is it a favourite airline for riders to use? 

I believe his morning flight was cancelled had to get a later one. Tbh I can think of many a rider wouldn't have bothered their arse once flight was cancelled so fair play to him 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Sponsors Licence(I believe).Don’t know how it works though.

Each Club with a sponsors licence has I think 5 licences. If a Club doesn't have one, I think Company has to have min 3 years of accounts so in real terms more than 4 years old, they can ask a Club with unused licences to ask if they can use one. 

Thats my understanding anyway

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Think we're daft, give him a month and hope he looks good. Let him miss a few meetings so doesn't become a Berwick asset sign him up for next season :P

Hence why I and many others wondered why we were being so kind last night and waiting..... 

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

We have more to worry about than Waiting 10 minutes for Basso.

True... But fans need a home win now .. it's becoming more and more of a chore now trying to drum up enthusiasm! :sad: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Think we're daft, give him a month and hope he looks good. Let him miss a few meetings so doesn't become a Berwick asset sign him up for next season :P

Equally Knudsen could sign for someone else next season if not enough meetings are completed. #Bellego

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

Hence why I and many others wondered why we were being so kind last night and waiting..... 

Giving it was 10 min it would have been pretty petty not to give a little leeway.Dick would have talked the hind legs of a donkey if it had been a Berwick rider that was late.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

True... But fans need a home win now .. it's becoming more and more of a chore now trying to drum up enthusiasm! :sad: 

Just have to beat Plymouth next week to end our barren run

22 minutes ago, Normski said:

Just have to beat Plymouth next week to end our barren run

Hopes are high.!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bandits4eva said:

Without being rude was a dead rubber for Berwick. Entertainment was more important to the result, and basso is nothing if not entertaining. In a league meeting I'd doubt have been same

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Hopes are high.!!!

They are at the minute anyway, Plymouth only have one maybe two confirmed riders. I think even Berwick could cope with that.

4 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I believe his morning flight was cancelled had to get a later one. Tbh I can think of many a rider wouldn't have bothered their arse once flight was cancelled so fair play to him 

He could have just sat at the airport and had a burger . Oh wait he's not German 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I would've thought he would have been on the same flight as Brennan and Flint who got to Berwick without issues.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, screm said:

I would've thought he would have been on the same flight as Brennan and Flint who got to Berwick without issues.

There might other factors involved like when the riders knew if they were going to be picked for the meeting,ect.

10 hours ago, screm said:

And so we have to hope that Plymouth do the decent thing and let Berwick taste a home win before the end of the season, as Glasgow turned up last night without their best rider, a rider late to the meeting, a rider scoring zero and one race where they scored nothing, and still ran out fairly comfortable winners.

It looks a lot worse when put like that.

• Like 2