All Activity
- Past hour
-
Whoever does it, just weakens the argument if they have to change it. Thought it supposed to be riders going round in circles, not fans! The only way it will change is if Scunny complain and SCB take their side and punish ref or rerun the meeting. It says they cant change result of a race after the meeting has finished.
-
Masters or Bomber?
- Today
-
I'm not sure a back wheel ever needs to be near the inside white line unless it is an act of avoiding danger. I've no currency in this but I find it disappointing that this is how the Championship title has been decided and the discourse post the meeting is dominating the discussion of what's been a brilliant season in the second tier.
-
If his back wheel is ON the line and that makes it ok then the rule needs changing. Surely no wheels should cross the line? Didnt tracks used to be required to have a raised kerb? The rule should be that both wheels stay on the track. I have never seen anyone put their front wheel that far onto the grass.
-
As a neutral I thought last night's meeting was a great advert for speedway. Maybe not much in the way of passing but plenty of incidents, controversy etc. Isn't this what we all want? Provided lots of debate, talking points as this thread has clearly shown. Was actually rooting for Scunthorpe and I have to hold my hand up and admit I was one of those who thought they had no chance at the beginning of the season. So well done to them and a fab effort. Poole do what Poole do and all credit to them for that. Very professional outfit, large raucous crowd and riders seem to love being in their team. In reality, Scunthorpe were the losers but the winner in my view was definitely speedway.
-
The difference was the police did their job properly in one conviction and not the other but the point I’m making is there are many less than perfect people riding speedway past and present and it’s always been like that, garrity is possibly destined for more crime or jail time unless he can get a purpose for life, speedway is that purpose whether you like it or not
-
Minority? Are you sure? Most people on here seem to think he's a 'wrong un' (polite version). He's carried out despicable crimes, yes he's done some time, but some would argue he's not done enough. I do agree he deserves the chance to make amends, but is there any evidence at all he wants to actually make amends, by serving his community in some way?
-
Really?!! So it's okay to continually break the law? 🤡