British Speedway Forum

Ashworth was very positive about riding for Plymouth when interviewed in the Speedway Star the other week and stated what a good deal he would be getting. With the suggestions that Bowden altered the contract coupled with the fact that the bloke is a wrong un anyway I'm inclined to side with Ashworth on this one. Still, as HT rightly says, both clubs have done very well out of the changes so everyone is happy I guess. As long as Mr Bowden keeps his word with Fisher of course ;)

What a good deal for the devils ryan for ricki makes you very stong,will finish well up the table with them two.

Two men don't make a team though and the rest of it is still dire. It might mean they finish tenth or eleventh rather than last though and you'd have to fancy them for the pairs.

Yup! +1lb Aberdeen Angus Steak and a Dozen Anderson's finest Scotch PIes :approve:

Mmmmmmmm.................when can I sign? :P

What a good deal for the devils ryan for ricki makes you very stong,will finish well up the table with them two.

They could have Jason Crump and Nicki Pedersen, with Holder, Cockle and Werner, and even Boxall depending if he turns up or not, they will reach mid table at best.

Should add an extra edge to our cup tie although its made it harder also.

Two men don't make a team though and the rest of it is still dire. It might mean they finish tenth or eleventh rather than last though and you'd have to fancy them for the pairs.

I think you are probably right but it will make them very difficult to beat at SBA. Barker is almost unbeatable there and there's no reason why Fisher can't be the same. Cockle scored some big points on his home circuit at the end of the season and Glanz should do OK. In addition, any team that has two riders in it capable of beating anyone, anywhere, will be a drawcard and that's something the Devils most certainly were not in 2011.

This thread tends to turn into a bit of a Bowden bashing session but I think he deserves a bit of credit here. He's gone out and signed probably the best rider available who fits average wise, hasn't done it on the cheap and has given Plymouth fans reason to be enthusiastic and inspired about the new season.

• Like 1

A real coup for the Devils fans. It should not take Fisher long to master the St. Boniface Arena like he did at Armadale.

Both very technical tracks, which the Fish seems to adapt to well.

If Boxall can get his machinery sorted, he to should be a good 3rd heat leader at home.

If Werner does change his mind again and decides against another comeback, then Kalle Katajisto would fit in at 5.61.

With him in the line up, i feel that the Devils would be more than capable of beating most teams at home.

Realy pleased for Plymouth fans, they deserve a decent team.

No doubt the Devils have potentially the best top two in the league, but it is rest of the team that looks suss to me. The big problem is if either Fisher or Barker have an off night or receives and injury, because the rest of the team is lacking for me.

If Bowden altered Ashworths contract to save a few quid then surely fisher will/would cost more than Ashworth, I don't get it.

If Bowden altered Ashworths contract to save a few quid then surely fisher will/would cost more than Ashworth, I don't get it.

Fisher might have been at desperation time!!

Maybe they both wanted out? Bowden gets a much better rider and Ashworth goes somewhere more suitable.

Maybe they both wanted out? Bowden gets a much better rider and Ashworth goes somewhere more suitable.

There could be an element of truth in that statement.

Hm-m-m-m, maybe Fisher is on to replace Ben who might also have a modified agreement! :shock:

Maybe he is on to replace Ben because Birmingham have realised they can't get another double-upper?

(I in no way know if that is true, just playing Devil's advocate)

Bearing in mind how easy it's been for Fisher to get a deal done this winter, it's "remarkable" that, in less than 72 hours, the trouser-dropping clown of the PL has started negotiations and concluded a deal.

Or, maybe, Fisher has had a reality check, Bowden got wind of that & out came the Tippex on Ashworth's contract…

• Like 2