British Speedway Forum

Have a 5 team final in Pardubice, seed the Czechs followed by 4 qualifiers

Crap....i understand there are financial implications here,but i just think speedway is getting ridiculous with all this seeding lark.Fully understand it with lesser competitions,but with the top meetings particularly the SWC it will be absolutely farcical to seed the Czechs into the final.It is bad enough if we always have to have an Italian or Croatian(Pavliv basically) etc in the world championship....*shakes head* even worse that so far it is deemed neccesary to have a undeserving token Brit in

Let's not get too far away from the fact there was some very good speedway tonight.Well done to the riders and track staff for that-

Edited by iris123

Have a 5 team final in Pardubice, seed the Czechs followed by 4 qualifiers

Not a bad idea

Although I'm not sure what would happen the year after back to 4 teams or hold it a Pardubice each year? Shift the Golden Helmet to the same week... mmm

He didn't spit at the camera. The camera would have been yards away from him. And don't you think the cmeraman might have asked him to even do it to capture that moment?

:rofl:

Have to let the anti-Antipodeans have their usual whinge, Steve. Never let the truth get in the way of a chance to slag off Aussies.

Fine collection of Chips displayed by so many juvenile forum members.

:rofl: :rofl:

Turned out to be a great meeting I thought, track improved and we saw some great racing and an insight into what the future has to offer. The joker shennaigans were brilliant, hopefully the stupid rule has shot itself in the foot, and will be consigned to the bin, but it kept the tension going.

Well done to the Danes, they were the best team tonight and deserved their win. Great to see the team singing proudly their national anthem too, and enjoying their champagne, while the runners up had Aussie whine. :wink:

Ok, they are perfectly sensible rules.

The sport is miles ahead of the rest for making such ridiculous rules look fantastically entertaining, better?! :P

I lie, of course. :neutral:

If GB were in place of the Danes and Bomber did what Nicki did it would be a different story.

• Like 1

And of course what i was saying about a good team and team manager getting more out of riders than was expected,you see the evidence right there over the past week.Hardly anyone was expecting those sort of performances from the young Danes.They rode above expectation........if only we had a manager or riders that could do that

The joker rule is aptly named I think. Just get rid of the thing.

And, if riders are not at racing speed and are not riding to win points, then exclude them, that would put a stop to any tactical riding.

• Like 1

As a "neutral" I thought that considering the circumstances tonight saw a good evening's entertainment. It had been raining all day so to see the track in such a condition was little short of a miracle. Top marks to the track staff. Well done to all the riders and to Denmark for winning. The cream rose to the top in the end.

Shame that there were so many unsold seats in the stadium. Having been to Gorzow last year I was expecting a sell-out, but it was not to be.

One final thank you goes again to the stadium staff. Sweden has had just ss wet a summer as England and even after 24 hours of rain, unlike at Silverstone, the soft standing car parks were perfectly fit for purpose.

That's 2 thoroughly enjoyable SWC events in the last 2 years. Roll on Prague next year.

If GB were in place of the Danes and Bomber did what Nicki did it would be a different story.

Not for me it wouldn't - bad Sportsmanship is bad Sportsmanship whether you are from Denmark, Great Britain or Timbuktoo. :angry: :angry:

To elaborate - I don't like the Tactical Ride in League Meetings either - whether it be for my Team or against my Team.

Just so you know.

The joker rule is aptly named I think. Just get rid of the thing.

And, if riders are not at racing speed and are not riding to win points, then exclude them, that would put a stop to any tactical riding.

Why? They are doing their best for the team. I don't understand the outrage at riders slowing to prevent a joker in the latter stages of the meeting.

What they are doing is trying to win the meeting. They are not throwing anything. Why shouldn't there be tactical riding? What is WRONG with tactical riding?

There is a rule in place. A team 6 points behind can put in a TS and Joker. Sucha scenario can swing 6 points in favour of a team that might otherwise have scored nothing in that race. Trying to prevent that is trying to do your best for the team. It is not cheating anything. It is not throwing anything. It's doing all you can to get your side to win the meeting.

• Like 5

If Bomber did it he could get away with it as we would just think it was another engine failure
  • Like 7

Not for me it wouldn't - bad Sportsmanship is bad Sportsmanship whether you are from Denmark, Great Britain or Timbuktoo. :angry: :angry:

The tactical ride etc is rubbish. Pure nonsense. Trying to limit its effect is a perfectly valid tactic for as long as it is in place. Not bad sportsmanship at all.

• Like 1

I dont think the Joker is any more popular with the riders than it is with many fans.

The "blame" for the rule rests solely with the FIM.

Who must also expect the blame for the injuries which are going to be sustained by some poor rider who one day finds two riders immediately in front of him suddenly stopping.

Potentially it's an extremely dangerous rule.

• Like 1

Fabulous meeting, Okay Denmark used a bit of tactical gamesmanship, but I don't think the other teams, could hand on heart, say honestly, they would not have done the same thing had they been in that position,

But you have to admit the two Michael's (Jensen and Jepson Jensen) did a brilliant job for Denmark, and I look forward to seeing them in the GP'S.

• Like 1

Wrong.

Cheating is cheating.

Id be ashamed.