British Speedway Forum

Good luck to Lewi and good to see him getting a number 7 spot of his own, especially at a good club like Newcastle.

IMO he has got everything it takes to be a very good speedway rider and hopefully he'll be as successful as Craig Cook & Richie Worrall in the transition from moto x to speedway. Genuinely think he is good enough to be an EL rider for the Stars in the next two or three years and I'm looking forward to seeing him develop with the Diamonds and Young Stars in 2013.

A talented lad i believe he might be a future EL rider a nice tidy style also young Bates could be too i don't know a lot about him but Adam Lowe also impressed me at the minimum could be a PL rider.

Kerr could be a top rider. Has the style & skill the only thing that stopped him hitting an 8 average last year & possibly the year before is his mechanical gremlins. Always the same problems, blowing engines or dropping chains, more so than any other rider I've seen.

If he can get past that he'll hit a 5+ average for Newcastle easy, a real genuine class rider

Agree about the mechanical gremlins but injuries have also played a big part (particularly in 2011) plus the Young Stars higgledy piggledy fixture list last year

Kerr could be a top rider. Has the style & skill the only thing that stopped him hitting an 8 average last year & possibly the year before is his mechanical gremlins. Always the same problems, blowing engines or dropping chains, more so than any other rider I've seen.

The chain & engine problems are often linked, Screamer.

I think he got them sorted towards the end of the season, and put in some fine scores.

Should be a solid reserve, plus it's always good to have a small & large home track. Variety and all that jazz!

The chain & engine problems are often linked, Screamer.

I think he got them sorted towards the end of the season, and put in some fine scores.

Should be a solid reserve, plus it's always good to have a small & large home track. Variety and all that jazz!

Nice to hear such good reviews of our new rider. Will be interesting to watch his progress and encourage a Brit at the same time.

• Like 2

It's great that Howarth,Morris,Kerr,Jacobs,Bates,(Ect) are getting chances encourage the Brits i say well done Newcastle.

If he can become anywhere near as good as the Worrals - there will be no complaints from me.

We will be down at the track on Sunday to try and break the back of the work that is still to be done. Posts to replace and new mesh to fit, but all the kickboards are made and painted. More hands will get it done. if you can make it we start at 10.00 and work till mid afternoon. Weather forecast is good for Sunday but still wrap up warm as it cuts in in the afternoon. General information is that Jonny is cutting the track from stupidoclock time and right through the day, and we will work around him on the track.

On Tuesday, we have the return of the pre-season 6 a side footie match at SoccerDome, Royal Quays, North Shields. If you can play football, and want a game, PM or Text me so i can check numbers and pick teams. Be about £4-£5 depending on the numbers.

A big thank you for all that turned today and who worked so hard. A few setbacks today, but we still have a big hill to climb to get ready for the season start. We will be there next Sunday again, but starting at the earlier time of 9.00am. If you can come along later, just come along when you can as all help would be welcomed.

Excellent News. :t::approve: :approve:

It was an excellent night with 10 of us in attendance. TOON players, Olympic medalists, young hopefuls for the future, and then second from last award came the top news for George and Newcastle Speedway. Champagne flowed and the night was complete. A nice start to the season.

• Like 1

It was an excellent night with 10 of us in attendance. TOON players, Olympic medalists, young hopefuls for the future, and then second from last award came the top news for George and Newcastle Speedway. Champagne flowed and the night was complete. A nice start to the season.

Start as we mean to go on... winning trophies :drink::approve:

• Like 1

Congratulations to all at Newcastle Speedway.

On Tuesday, we have the return of the pre-season 6 a side footie match at SoccerDome, Royal Quays, North Shields. If you can play football, and want a game, PM or Text me so i can check numbers and pick teams. Be about £4-£5 depending on the numbers.

Who's daft idea was that?? .... Walking like I've sh!t mesel this morning :)

• Like 1

Who's daft idea was that?? .... Walking like I've sh!t mesel this morning :)

At least you are walking. One, who you know, is on crutches and is currently in the RVI. Not a bad night considering the little match on the TV, so we only had 12 players, but who played right through the hour with not having any subs. Despite the fatigue, injuries, dispute about the score, knackered feeling this morning and the one lame one in the RVI having his knee evaluated, everyone's comments seem to be about when the next 6 a side match is, and also keeping the number to about 16 max.

Some folks just never larn. :D

Edited by Tsunami