British Speedway Forum

What a Champ, massive big congrats to Tai and as you said your Dad would be looking down on you tonight, and he will be so proud of his son.

I got a big lump in my throat when you gave your Mum a hug.

Well done and well deserved. Saw Mark become World Champion live in Poland and now another.

Tai 2013 World Champion.

• Like 1

Cogratulations mr woffinden well done son you are credit to yourself,yoursport & your family. GB speedway now has a young diamond let's hope we treat him well & he can boost its profile. Also had a bet on the winner tonite at 14/1 great night. Night all roll on next season.

Thanks to Tai for making the 2013 season memorable for one positive reason. How he saw off the trap in heat 5 was amazing. What a way to win a title!

Congratulations to the first former Rocket to win a world title.

As a result of matters on the domestic section of the site I expect to be receiving a ban - eventually enough is enough on both sides - so I'll just take this final chance to thank those on the International section for providing warm and intelligent company through the season. It's best if I shut up for a while. I've sa\id what I needed to say.

Tai, I had the highest respect for your father - wonderful to see you honour his memory in the finest way.

Isn't it funny how much better the Grands Prix have been on Eurosport ;-)

Rob

(Here's to seeing British Speedway on BT too!)

I still find it funny that Tai might not have been in the GPs this year had the organisers not seemed to insist that a Brit was given a wild card place. I suppose that's what you call making the most of your chance. I only hope the promoters and authorities of the sport make the most of this opportunity to raise the profile of the sport.

Well done to Tai Woffinden. Great effort and deserved.

Next year it is going to be extremely hard to defend so I am very pleased he did it quickly tonight.

The 2014 GP Series is going to be the best ever with Tai, Emil, Darcy and Noddy (if fit) all battling for top spot. Throw in Iversen as a spoiler and it has the makings of a stunning series. Sky threw it in the bin at exactly the wrong time. Well done to Eurosport for picking it up and reaping the rewards.

And well done again Tai.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 3

Still nothing mentioned on the BBC Sports home page tho, the article quoted is buried deep within the beeb's website where only we speedway fans are likely to find it, Shameful! it seems New Zealand's rugby victory over South Africa is more important than a British sportsman's world championship triumph (we don't get to say that very often do we?)

Congratulations Tai - the first of many world titles let's hope!

Seeing as some others have admitted to it, I also became emotional when his mum gave him a big hug. I'm sure he was feeling it too hence why he left his Crash Hat on to hide the emotion as he still at the end of that had a meeting to run.

The kid was absolutely incredible all season and put his body on the line.

I'd have to say, which may upset a few he is the best natural talented British World Champion since Michael Lee. The difference is, he won't destroy his fledgling career and go off the rails.

Tai Woffinden is the 2013 Speedway World Champion and deserved.

• Like 1

Not his biggest fan,but has has always had a fantastic style and is a class act on the bike ,Well done and deserved World Title.maybe his mate Darcy will take leaf out of Tai's book it will increase his chances of being Champ.

Welll done Tai :approve: but think Iversen will be more than a spolier next year.

Wouldn't rule out Hampel being in the mix either.

I can only add to whatever anybody else has said, a HUGE well done Tai, you've come of age this year, and am so pleased for you. May this be the first of many.

Great night in Torun , wonderful atmosphere and in Heat 5 Woffie silenced 15,000 Polish fans , sang my heart out with the other Brits and Tai is a true champ meeting fans before the event , the way he conducted himself and thanks to the great people at the Travel Club who have been superb , shed a tear when the anthem was played , off to the Chain Emblem Cup to give Nicki Pedersen done grief !!!! What a weekend